Thread: One landscape and a portrait for critique

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: One landscape and a portrait for critique

Oren, Stefan, And Ken,
    Thank you for the feedback. It seems like the Mt. Moran picture needs to be more vivid. I like both of the versions that you have made. Also thanks for the feedback on the portrait. I never saw the harsh shadow on the nose, and the color is a little cold. You also cropped out his messy hair which is a good thing. One of the best things about this type of feedback, is that you get to see different methods of doing things. I am self taught in Photoshop, and while it isn't difficult to use, there are a lot of things I have never thought of doing, or even knew existed.

Thank you very much,

Tom

You're welcome. I find some features of Photoshop, such as perspective correction, indispensable, but in general I try to avoid using it in favor of Lightroom. It seems to me that 99% of the features of Lightroom can be counted on to make a picture look better, whereas 99% of the features in Photoshop will make it look worse! At least they do in my hands. Seriously, LR is sooo easy to use...I recommend it without hesitation!

It really was entirely my pleasure. Other people's enthusiastic, informed advice can't fail to make our pictures better. I learnt a lot from Ken's approach and, as another self-taught Photoshopper, I agree wholeheartedly with its amazing ability to make things worse! If only I knew how to put my copy of LR to good effect...