Thread: A few different photos

A few different photos

Hi all,

So I just realized that this forum was part of the-digital-picture and I wanted to know what you guys think of a few of my photographs I'm sorry about the signatures on these but the image upload thing was giving me issues so I just went to my website for them.

This is an oak tree I found in the Worthington state Forest

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/760x507/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.86/IMG_5F00_4108.jpg[/img]

Camera: XTI

Lens: Stock Lens ( finally put the money together to get a replacement and its currently shipping)

Shutter Priority

Shutter: 1/200

Aperature: 4.0

This Second is an Old Shed/Chicken Coup looking thing in the Worthington State Forest (I go up there alot)

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/760x507/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.86/IMG_5F00_6452.jpg[/img]

Lens: Same

Shutter Priority

Shutter Speed: 1/60

Aperture: 3.5

This final one is of a Glider Cockpit at the Blairstown Airport

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/760x507/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.86/IMG_5F00_2856.jpg[/img]

Lens: 70-300mm Quataray

Shutter Priority

Shutter Speed: 1/1000 (I was planning on shooting moving planes)

Aperture: 8.0

~Jordan
    7d w/ BG-E7, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS II

Re: A few different photos

Nice!. I like the reflections in the cockpit glass and the perspective of the tree. Where is worthington state park? I've never heard of it.

I can't see the first and third photo, is anyone else having this problem? As far as the second picture, I'd like to see a bit more around the shed to get a better feel of the environment, perhaps more space in the top of the frame and to the left. The mostly desaturated look is to give the picture an old feel? I think the picture is too sharp to look old--some intentional defects should be introduced to complete the effect. I would like to see it with more color. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert

I can't see the first and third photo, is anyone else having this problem?

That happened to me at first. I right clicked where the images should be and chose "open image in new tab" and it worked. Then later I reloaded this page and they were all working.

*should have fixed the image load not sure what was up with that*

I wasn't really going for old timey. I just found a sepia filter was nicer than just a black and white and the color was mostly grays, and browns (cloudy winter day) so I opted for the filtering.

Not really surprised you've never heard of Worthington, it's a state forest up in North West New Jersey where the deleware water gap is and about 10 minutes from the Poconos in PA. Its a really nice hiking and camping area, mostly mountain with alot of streams and some ponds and what not.

Sounds nice. Unfortunately its a little far from here (reno)

I like the glider one very much.

if you guys would like to see more my website is:

twistedphrame.110mb.com