Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA on eBay - Complete Photography Kit

FA on eBay - Complete Photography Kit

Just letting everyone know that I am selling the majority of my photography gear on eBay to help finance the purchase of a Canon EOS 5D Mk II and a couple of new lenses. All of the auctions are No Reserve with free shipping within the United States. The following items are on auctions that have just started today:

You can view all of my auctions here (ebay ID is FordSalesman):

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/fordsalesman_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Canon EOS 40D - Sold For $865.00

Wacom Intuos3 9x12 Special Edition Graphics Tablet - Sold For $349.00

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM - Sold For $1,420.00

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM - Sold For $925.00

Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Sold For $610.00

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro - Sold For $500.00

Canon Speedlite 580EX II - Sold For $325.00

Canon Speedlite 580EX - Sold For $250.00

Canon MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite - Sold For $375.00

Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 - Sold For $150.00

Canon Angle Finder C - Sold For $135.00

Canon CA-PS400 Battery Charger - Sold For $54.00

Canon CP-E4 Battery Pack - Sold For $100.00

Canon TC-80N3 Remote Control with ET-1000N3 Extension Cord - $189.00

Set of 3 B+W 58mm Filters - Sold For $99.00

Set of 5 B+W 77mm Filters - Sold For $250.00

Set of 3 SanDisk Extreme IV & Ducati CF Cards - Sold For 218.00

Gitzo G2220 Explorer Tripod with Gitzo 1278M Ball Head - Sold For $450.00

Re: FA on eBay - Complete Photography Kit

May I ask why you are selling all these if you can buy a new 5D2 after selling your 70-200, 24-70 and 40D for example?

Yes, because I also want to replace those lenses with some others to go with the 5D Mk II. For example, I am selling my 70-200, which is my main air show lens, and will buy the 100-400 to replace it for that use since I'm losing the crop factor on the full-frame camera. Likewise, I will probably go with the 24-105 to replace the 24-70. I do realize I'm losing the speed of f/2.8, but I never took all that many photos in low-light conditions anyways, and I don't do very much portrait photography either. I may end up buying another f/2.8 or faster lens (probably one of the primes) for portrait stuff later.

All of the equipment is in pristine condition...I take extremely good care of my stuff.

Hope that answers your question!

Why are you not allowing Canadian bidders? You will ship to Alaska but not BC?

[]

I would probably bend if someone from Canada asked me if they could bid. My problem with shipping outside of the U.S. came a few years ago when I sold my EOS 20D to a guy in Russia. I shipped it off, and as soon as he got the tracking number from me he reported to his credit card company that someone had fraudulently used his credit card so they reversed the charge back on Paypal, and Paypal reversed the charge back on me! You have to really love Paypal's "buyer and seller protection" when they do something like that. The thing that gets me is that Paypal didn't even try to investigate it...the address I mailed the 20D to was the address that matched the credit card!

So he got my 20D and I was out the money and the camera. Not a mistake I plan on making again.

I'm sorry to hear that but Canada is not Russia and here is a tip for you; Russia is on the world list of countries to avoid when doing business online. I have an eBay store and I would have never allowed eBay or Paypal to get away with that....

Why are you selling CF cards? you will need them for the 5D no?

They will work with the 5D Mk II, but I have around 20 CF cards, so I'm just selling off a few. Also, most of the accessory equipment you see in the auctions are duplicates that I have 2 or more of (like the flashes, remote timer, etc). I am keeping at least one of everything that will work with the 5D Mk II.

I ended a few auctions early for friends and family members that wanted to buy them. I listed the price I sold each of them for in the original message.

Erich,

I'm very interested in your 40D. My 450D just met its untimely demise when it fell into salt water last week.

Contact me by e-mail at wysiwyg1973 @ gmail dot com and as long as nobody has bid on the item, I don't mind ending the auction early to sell it.