Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin

If the 16-35L, 24-105L and 70-200/2.8L are the three lenses you always carry along with your body, then you do carry a lot! (more like a 6kg backpack overall?) I only carry this much (quite a bit more than this actually) when I'm simply moving all my gear from one place to the other, i.g. going back home for my 4 months summer vacation. Otherwise, this is all I carry 95% of the time:

1V-HS + 16-35/2.8L II, 85/1.8

or

50D + 24-70/2.8L

This way I can just bring a Lowepro Nova 180 with me or a ThinkTank Speed Racer, I only bring my 70-200L when I need a telescope[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Now you've done it, now you're going to make me discuss my camera bag. Finding the right bag was far more difficult than deciding on lenses, camera bodies, or just about anything else I use professionally. []I swear I went through a half dozen or so from Lowepro, ThinkTank, Tamarac, Canon, and Crumpler before finally finding a bag that fit my needs. And, it was only just released.

The Crumpler 8 Million Dollar Home lets me store my 5D Mark II with the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens, hood reversed, attached. I can comfortably fit a couple of more lenses with the hoods, a 580 or 430 flash, and the various necessities we usually need. I sling it over my neck like a messenger bag, and I can do lens changes on the fly without having to put it down on the ground like a backpack. It's actually distributes the weight really well, and when I'm out shooting, the camera is generally around my neck so the weight of the bag and two lenses is minimal.

It could easily hold a four or more extra lenses, but then the weight would become a real issue.