Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Damsels I've known

Re: Damsels I've known

Nice contributions. The 300 f/4 is a great lens for these (wish I had one). Great backgrounds on #2 and #3. Good color in all. They are very nice as shown. If you want a couple on nits, maybe crop out the left on #2 to get rid of the non-sequencial stem and clone out what's left of the diaganol piece after the crop. Try tweaking your shadows and/or midtones slightly lighten and get a little better definition in the damsels. But as I said, good as shown and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the advice. I have cropped No.2 and will have a play around with the levels on them all as well.

On Azure Bluets, the 7th segment is usually only half black, and 8 & 9 are completely blue. The first looks more like a northern, and the second two more like forktails, but I can't be sure.

Number 2 is now a much stronger presentation in my opinion. Great job.

Here's 2 new ones for this little collection.

This is a Skimmer, Male Black Saddlebacks. Not the best frame, but he won't hold still and I staulked him for quite awhile so I took what I could get.

This I believe is a FM Meadowhawk. I have the full image but used this crop because you could start to see the detail in the eyes.

Some great macro images here.

Don, thanks for the tips you posted in this thread about 2 weeks ago, they're very helpful. I'm in the process of learning macro photography, thanks again.