Thread: "Expensive" becomes relative to a serious camera buff...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "Expensive" becomes relative to a serious camera buff...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

I sold my 24-105 and am on the fence about selling my fisheye.
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]I seem to recall you saying before that you've only taken about 100 pictures using your fisheye but it seems like such a fun lens (to use on occasion). I bet you'd miss it at times. When I get a full frame body that lens will be added to my wish list

<p style="CLEAR: both"]On the other hand, its sale could probably finance your Hensel Porty

Re: "Expensive" becomes relative to a serious camera buff...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

I sold my 24-105 and am on the fence about selling my fisheye.
    <p style="CLEAR:both;"]
    <p style="CLEAR:both;"]I seem to recall you saying before that you've only taken about 100 pictures using your fisheye but it seems like such a fun lens (to use on occasion). I bet you'd miss it at times. When I get a full frame body that lens will be added to my wish list

<p style="CLEAR:both;"]On the other hand, its sale could probably finance your Hensel Porty

Well I actually did sell it on eBay but the buyer bailed out and I'm thinking it may have been a sign to keep it. I used it a lot more on my 40D, on my 5DII it is fun but I find I can get a similar less distorted effect with the 16-35.

Quote Originally Posted by alexniedra

Same thing with me! "Yeah, I just dropped $2600 for that MacBook Pro". "Oh, me? I bought some camera lenses". "What?!""

It's all about priorities. My friends will spend &gt;$1800 for computers, iPods, clothing... etc. But when I tell them about a lens that costs $1800, they think I'm nuts.

Maybe I should show them the 1200 f/5.6 L. That'll show them.[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

This is where I know I have a problem, I use to upgrade my Macs every 2 years. Now that I have cameras to occupy my need to blow money I keep my computers longer. I'll put a new body or a lens or two in front of a new computer.

Well played Canon.