Thread: I need your opinion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I need your opinion

ok, guys, I need you to tell me which one of these pictures you prefer: the close-up or the "full-body" portrait. It seems like I'm the only one to like the "full-body" one -I asked my friends and family-. I know the harsh white behind the subject is kind of distracting, but these were just snapshots really, nothing "professional" =). Any other critique is more than welcome.

Thank you,
    Andy

both were taken at ISO 400, 1/125sec, F3.2, the frist at 70mm and the second at 120mm

Re: I need your opinion

<span style="font-size: 5.5pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Dumien,<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 5.5pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Dumien,<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]I am far from professional compared to these other guys and gals, but in my opinion, I like the full body shot.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] The second shot like the first has too much hair in the face and I find it a bit distracting, also a bit too much bokeh, I don&rsquo;t know, it looks busy in the background.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] So full body shot for me, I like the natural light and relaxed composure, a tweak with contrast and move the hair to see the young pretty face.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] As I said ol mate just an opinion from a novice wan-a-be pro.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Over all very nice.<o></o>

thank you for your opinion...the hair was her choice, she said she liked the wind (it was very windy) and wanted it to show on the pic ^^

again, thanks for your comment

Andy

I prefer the first one as well.

I'm no expert at portraits, but personally, the full body one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dann Thombs

I'm no expert at portraits, but personally, the full body one.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ditto
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

I prefer the full body shot as well. I think the reason behind my preference has to do with the rule of thirds. The eye of the subject is what pulls the attention of the viewer. As the eye of the subject is a third of the way down the image in the first shot, it is much more pleasing to look at. The placement of the subject's eye in the second image is not nearly as natural for the viewer.

First shot. I like everything but the hair, but like you said that is what she wanted.

Second one the crop is kind of odd to my eye.

hey guys, thank you all for the feedback, really appreciated