Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
A few questions: What camera/lens are you using?, What's the EXIF info? (shutter speed, ISO, focal length), Just how close were you to the subject?, What focus point were you using and where was it on the animal?

Hi Sean!

I am using the 5D MkII with the 24-105. EXIF for this particular shot is: 1/13 at F8. ISO400. 58mm. I need to be closer to the subject that I would like (not close enough for me to lose my minimum focus distance though) to avoid problems. (There are white walls everywhere, there is a giant glass wall directly behint the baboon that I am trying to hide in the shot, there is MASSIVE back-light as well and high contrast so I overexposed to get the proper exposure for the baboon itself).

I tried focusing with a focus point on the teeth (sharp teeth, unsharp eyes (while the distance between them is minimal) at F8. And I tried using a focus point for the yes resulting in sharp eyes and not so sharp teeth.

Now tell me. With an object like this, it shouldnt be difficult at all to get it all in focus, right? Or am I saying/doing something incredibly stupid? It wouldn't be the frst time.