Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Well, I searched all 12 page. Apparently I never replied to this in the past.
    Me, neither, apparently...

Currently in Boston, MA. Before that I was in San Diego, CA for ~7 years, and before that, in Northern CA living at various points around the SF Bay Area.

HD, According to Google maps you live on a street corner that doubles as 'Salon Zen'.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    HD, According to Google maps you live on a street corner that doubles as 'Salon Zen'.
    Occasionaly I have to move to a diffrent street corner, when the police run me off.

But I should have said "close to" that location, I am about 10 miles away.

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Have travelled and lived throughout North America from Mexico to well inside the Arctic Circle.

This thread is so old, I've moved since I last replied. (I'm now on Victoria Avenue in Riverside, CA)

Just moved to full time in the mountains now, in Canmore Alberta.

Right now, central IL. In the corn. And the beans. The Foothills of Mt. Level. A bookstore owner's worst nightmare. Seafood? Better like catfish and walleye. What on earth is a fried clam anyway? And there's a really strange road nearby that actually has a curve in it. Can you imagine? What possessed them to put a curve in a road? So hard to text someone while driving on that road. Last week I almost went off the curve in that road and hit a meth lab. Them idiots who build roads should be more careful.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    I come from the land down under.
    ...where beer does flow and men chunder. Or?

One of my all time favorite songs may have influenced my picture of Australia. Until I've seen something contradictory with my own eyes I will keep believing those lyrics are true.

Where do I come from? Sweden. Just to make things clear, Sweden is not exactly the same as Switzerland. Switzerland is also a nice country, but Sweden may be the one of the best there are (in my opinion...). At the moment we're having "Swedish summer" which means the weather is increadibly hot (around 21°C / 70°F) and the sun hardly sets. I suppose the climate/daylight is similar to what it's like in parts of Canada.

I'm currently in Pasadena, Newfoundland (the easternmost province of Canada). It's also where I'm originally from, but in between I've lived in St. John's Newfoundland; Calgary, Alberta; Fort McMurray, Alberta; and Birmingham, UK.

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    I suppose the climate/daylight is similar to what it's like in parts of Canada.
    Similar depending on where in Canada you're talking about...it's a big place Although it does sound like what we currently have here...~16hrs sunrise to sunset (but daylight is even longer) and average daily temps in the mid 20's celcius. All in all, very comfortable this time of year.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    ...where beer does flow and men chunder. Or?

One of my all time favorite songs may have influenced my picture of Australia. Until I've seen something contradictory with my own eyes I will keep believing those lyrics are true.

Where do I come from? Sweden. Just to make things clear, Sweden is not exactly the same as Switzerland. Switzerland is also a nice country, but Sweden may be the one of the best there are (in my opinion...). At the moment we're having "Swedish summer" which means the weather is increadibly hot (around 21°C / 70°F) and the sun hardly sets. I suppose the climate/daylight is similar to what it's like in parts of Canada.
    We are having a Brisbane Winter. Last night our minimun temperature was 18 degrees C. That was a record maximum minimum, if you know what I mean. It usually is a bit colder, like about 10 degrees at night. But I put up with it.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur