Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your favorite (or best) zoo pictures!

Re: Post your favorite (or best) zoo pictures!

Here's one from this past weekend that I like the mood of.

~ Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblues
    Here's one from this past weekend that I like the mood of.

Wow. Almost a painting. Pretty!

Happy Hippo taken with 400D + 75-300mm. 1/400 f7.1 ISO 400[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.16/Hippo_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Wow, lots of great pics! That pic of the Croc is amazing seeing the size of that thing and knowing your sis is the one feeding it. The only thing I'd do different is to crop off the handto the right for better composition of just the two of them (... or you couldjust let the croc do it

Here's the only other whale pic worth postingas its a little sharper than the one above. It was quite dark and getting high enough shutter speeds toreduce the blur of jumping whales was near impossible. fwiw, the white whale was taken with a 70-200 f2.8 L and the Orca's were taken with the 17-55 f2.8 IS EF-S both on a 30D.

Here's a link to a larger pic... posting it here as a URL crops too much off of the right side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9612659@N08/3723039270/sizes/l/

That out-stretched elephantis areally great capturebut i'm finding a lot of humor in it now that I've done a double take on it... its seems wrong in so many ways.

Which isworse, the dad not taking the cigarette out of his mouth or him holding his kid out over a precarious 12'(?) drop (a la Michael Jackson rip)?

No offense to smokers or Jackson fans but I can't help but chuckle []

I'm a big fan of these"post your best picture" threads, as they give us an opportunity to photograph and share the images. That way we can learn from one another.We should have more of these similar threads and more photographers participate it them.

My fovorites so far are: the elephant, crocodile, muskrats and the orcas.

These are from last year.

Canon Rebel XT 350D, 1/250 second, F/6.3, 200mm, ISO400

Canon Rebel XT 350D, 1/320 second, F/1.8, 85mm, ISO800

Canon Rebel XT 350D, 1/1250 second, F/1.8, 85mm, ISO200

Canon Rebel XT 350D, 1/1000 second, F/1.8, 85mm, ISO800

Canon Rebel XT 350D, 1/400 second, F/7.1, 300mm, ISO800

Quote Originally Posted by wusstigphoto
    That out-stretched elephantis areally great capturebut i'm finding a lot of humor in it now that I've done a double take on it... its seems wrong in so many ways.

It cracks me up every time I look at it. [] There's certainly some child safety issues going on there.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

btaylor: that elephant picture is the one I like the most...since you've been to VN I'm sure you've seen the way parents hold their children on motorbike? At least the guy's standing still in the image. I was originally from Saigon, Vietnam and very familiar with the zoo there. Sorry to know that you got mugged while being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen

I'm sure you've seen the way parents hold their children on motorbike?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Absolutely! It always made me laugh seeing a motorbike with 4 or 5 people on them and only the father having a helmet on. Self preservation must be the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen
    Sorry to know that you got mugged while being there.

Wasn't the end of the world. Luckily there was only a few thousand dong in there (very little). Certainly didn't ruin the trip. Halong Bay is one of the most magnificent places I've ever seen.

Cheers.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30