Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I CANNOT recommend the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Re: I CANNOT recommend the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

I too am on the verge of buyingthe CanonEF-S 10-22mm in near future.

I eagerly await Sean's findings.

Quote Originally Posted by BES
    Very nice, I checked you gallery on flickr nad I like how this lens handles. So now I am even more confused....I was about to wait out until I can afford both FF and 16-35, but this may just be a nice lens to have. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

That's not an awful idea. When you upgrade, you can always sell the 10-22 with your 1.6 camera, or if you don't have to sell, keep it around as the lower bulk alternative for hiking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daya

I too am on the verge of buyingthe CanonEF-S 10-22mm in near future.

I eagerly await Sean's findings.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

You don't really need to wait for my findings. As long as the thing focuses well, and the picture quality is decent, I'll be happy with it. If you really want the best info on the lens, read Bryan's review. I read it 3 times over (as well as a couple of other reviews) before finally deciding it would be a good choice for me. From what I've read, it's a decently built lens. It focuses fast and accurately. It's basically constructed with"L" glass but lacks the red ring because it's an EF-S lens.

As I was able to buy a refurbished 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 for little more than the price of the Tokina (and less than the cost of the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5), I figured it was the right lens for the right price. The lack of reviews and the 82mm filter size of the Sigma ultimately made my decisionalot easier (I already have several 77mm filters that I can use with the Canon).