Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do ?

Re: What do you do ?

I sold my soul to a Middle East Cuisine restaurant called Aladdin's. I wash dishes there and do some prep cook work. I also recently picked up a job at Panera Bread.

I'm a full time student however. Senior in highschool (with three study halls a day to prove it! ) I'll be using those study halls to learn some basic HTML code and learn more about photography though.

I actually have a chance this year to offer some senior portraits for some income. That, I am particularly excited about. I would love to make a living off of photography. That being said, I'm preparing to be poor and starving the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Madison

I was a graphic designer and later an art director for over ten years but I lost my job and because of the crisis I have been unable to find anything else for over a year. Being 35 I am considered too old in a market with massive youth unemployement. The graphic design field (where I live) is going through rough times and not hiring but firing.

I went to photo school to challenge myself creatively but it doesnt start until september 2009. I can hardly wait! It's a parttime edication though so I still need a job. Blech! (not blech to the job but blech to there not being enough jobs out there for a lot of people at the moment).

I feel you. I hate my job but I don't dare leave it. I may never find another graphic job again. It is a bad scene here too. I'm 37 and also feel the attitude from people that I'm old. 2 years ago I was out of work and every interview I went on that was consensus. They figured I'd want too much money and they'd hire a kid fresh out of school. Two places actually called me after a short time because the youngin didn't work out. The title art director is a curse too. No one will ever let you go backward no matter how bad you need the job.

Good luck!

I'm a full time IT Technician and awedding/portrait photographer in my spare time.

I'm a soon-to-be-freshman in college (although, since I live in italy, it's like i'm a soon-to-be sophomore at college...the school system is weird here)

I take pictures as often as I can

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B
    The title art director is a curse too. No one will ever let you go backward no matter how bad you need the job.

Exactly what I am running into. No matter what you say you want to do, at whatever salary, you are too old and overqualified.
    I have to say, after being unemployed for a little over a year now, it is really starting to get to me.

I'm a med student. I am basically training so that I can live a life full of sick people.

.... but at least I can take pictures.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

9 years in the United States Navy.

My other passion are music and photography

I am an electrical reliabilty engineer by day and a wedding photographer by night/weekend.

Mark
    Mark

I am a veterinarian. I box to stay in shape. I rarely leave home without a camera.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]I manage and execute Direct Mail Marketing Campaigns for a large bank (junk mail [:P]). Wilmington, Delaware is the Credit Card Capital of America! I basically code with SQL (Structured Query Language) all day....while I'm not reading these forums!