Thread: 100% view in Bridge and 100% in DPP ---?

100% view in Bridge and 100% in DPP ---?

Hi Guys!

I have a feeling I'm about to be embarrassed, but...

When I look at an image in Bridge (cs4) at 100%, it looks about twice as big as the same image at 100% in DPP.

Same monitor, same image...DPP's 100% view is about 1/2 the size of Bridge's 100% view.

For example - a pic of a duck in a pond - side view, so you see the left side of the duck as he's swimming across pond. The "Fit to Window" view is the same in both apps.

Now I go to 100% view and in Bridge the duck fills the screen, beak to tail - there's no pond visible on either side. But at 100% in DPP, the duck only fills half the monitor - plenty of pond on both sides.

Actually the 200% view in DPP is the same as the 100% view in Bridge. (or nearly the same)

Am I having a brain cramp here? Is this is a silly question or is something weird going on?

Thank you for taking the time to respond - I appreciate any thoughts you share.

-Richard (canoli)

Re: 100% view in Bridge and 100% in DPP ---?

Could be a difference in dpi treatment between programs? I'm just guessing here.

Quote Originally Posted by canoli
    When I look at an image in Bridge (cs4) at 100%, it looks about twice as big as the same image at 100% in DPP.

I have Bridge CS4, and I've never really used it, but I will try to help. How exactly are you viewing the image? In the "content" or "preview" pane? Full screen preview? Review mode? Something else? And how are you selecting "100%"? Right click on full screen preview? Left click on the preview pane? Another method? Are you using the same monitor for both programs (if you have more than one monitor)?

Thanks Madison - for the suggestion. The only rez I see in DPP refers to its "Output Resolution," which I have set for printing. In Bridge I don't see anywhere to change it.

Daniel - the way I'm getting to 100% in Bridge is in the Essentials workspace, viewing content as Thumbnails. When you click a thumbnail and press the space bar you get a Fit to Screen preview, then you can click anywhere and get a 100% view. If the thumbnail hasn't been cached you'll get a little popup saying "loading 100% view."

I have 2 monitors, and the same thing happens on both. One is a 15" laptop, the other is a 24". so yes, same monitor for both previews. They're running at different resolutions - 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 - but of course that shouldn't matter (same image, same monitor).

I think maybe Madison must be on to something...though I can't believe
    I'd somehow set one program to half the rez of the other.

Do you know how/where to set PPI in Bridge?

I'm on a Windows XP Pro machine btw.

doing a little more investigating...

it only seems to happen with the Bridge 100% Preview. In Bridge's Camera Raw or Photoshop's Camera Raw, the images appear identical to DPP.

So what the heck is going on with Bridge's Preview?

yes - it's definitely just the Bridge Preview. I'm getting a 200% preview when I click the Fit to Window - instead of a 100% view like it says...

weird. Naturally I'd like to fix it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by canoli
    Daniel - the way I'm getting to 100% in Bridge is in the Essentials workspace, viewing content as Thumbnails. When you click a thumbnail and press the space bar you get a Fit to Screen preview, then you can click anywhere and get a 100% view. If the thumbnail hasn't been cached you'll get a little popup saying "loading 100% view."

Thanks. I found the problem. When you click, Bridge does not go to "100%" every time. That is just the default, and you change the default any time you change the loupe magnification. Use the scroll wheel to change the loupe magnification.

Oh man - I can't believe it. How often have I wanted a closer view when I'm previewing in Bridge. Not a big fan of the loupe, can't remember the last time I used it. But I never thought to just scroll the mouse wheel!

Thank you Daniel.

As much as I love learning new things, this means I've been looking at 200% previews since...since I don't know when. ay caramba!

But that's greast functionality, something I will use every day. Awesome to know about it -

Thanks again!

You're welcome! It was my pleasure to help.