Thread: Canon E1 Hand Strap Installation Instructions

Canon E1 Hand Strap Installation Instructions

For those who decide to buy the Canon E1 Hand Strap, here are some instructions on how to install it on your EOS camera. The person I was interning with had this equipped on their 5dMarkII. I noticed that it comes in handy when your camera is especially attached to the 70-200 lens which can be quite heavy. Using this strap secures and supports your hand from any hand aches; at least thats what I thought. I decided to buy one for myself.

Site Source: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57766%3E

Re: Canon E1 Hand Strap Installation Instructions

I love mine, hate neck straps. They just get in the way. I use one on my 5D that was made by Olympus. It is a little more durable and comfortable. I can not seem to find it on B&H any more. I do not know if it is still made.
    Mark

I just ordered an E1 hand strap. Now, does anyone happen to know of some sort of decent quick release clip that could be adapted to an existing neck strap (I'd like to have the ability to have my neck strap and E1 hand strap attached to my camera at the same time, but then have the ability to remove my neck strap quickly so it's out of the way when I want it to be). I used to have a Tamrac Boomerang neck strap that had a great quick release, but the strap itself wasn't great. I bought a Crumpler Industry Disgrace neck strap (awesome strap), but unfortunately it doesn’t have quick release and I can't adapt the Tamrac quick release to fit onto my Crumpler (different strap width - the Crumpler strap tappers). I figure that most of these kind of components likely already exist for various different uses (e.g. backpacks, lanyards, etc...), I just don't know where to go to purchase them or what to Google to find them. I have seen some other quick release camera straps out there but many uses similar clips to backpacks and results in large chunky clips that dangle off the camera when the lens isn't attached - the clips on the Tamrac Boomerang strap were nice because they were small (similar in size to the clips that often come USB flash drive lanyards, although much stronger). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I may have stumbled across just what I'm looking for...

http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=48&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=

I bought this neck strap.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&Q=&IC=OPSSCL&A=RetrieveSku

I think its the same brand your link is referring to. Although I don't use it; I like it bc of the cushion. I like showing off the Canon logo so I still got the Canon strap on.