Thread: Suggested places to photograph near Tetons in Jackson Hole, WY

Alan

Suggested places to photograph near Tetons in Jackson Hole, WY

I was in Jackson Hole, WY, last summer, and am planning another visit this year.

(Bryan's pics of the Tetons were quite the incentive).

I didn't have much time to spend there due to the itinerary, but I'll have more this time around.

While there, I was at Schwabacher's Landing, Mormon Row (the famous barn), Jackson Lake and I also captured some shots of range buffalo.

For those of you who have been there, could you please make additional suggestions for the area (except Yellowstone...I know that quite well).

I've heard of Oxbend Bow, and Mount Moran.

Your suggestions on roads, locations, sites etc. would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Suggested places to photograph near Tetons in Jackson Hole, WY

Jenny Lake is a great place to get shots of the Tetons from the east.
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

I quickly drove through there recently and got some decent pics from the highway. Canon 40d + 100-400.

I would suggest white water rafting. The rapids aren't too scary, but being on the river is fun, and you can do a photographic section, followed by a white water section, with breakfast in between.

I don't know the names of most places I went. I just drove around. Hot air balloon ride would be good too. I dumbed out and ended up with one that went over Idaho. I remember a brochure that actually was on a private ranch on the Wyoming side of the Tetons. With I do over, I'd try that route.

I'd love to go back. I need some work there or something. Wish i could afford a walk about.

I took tons of photos while I was there, but one of my favorites was, albeit a cliche of sorts, of the Tetons. Rebel XT with a 16-35... middle of the night, can't see a thing except stars, and I got lucky with a landscape framed based on where the stars disappeared...

I'd love to go back with a full frame body, the current lens arsenal, and about a month of free time!