Thread: Long exposures

Long exposures

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.10/IMG_5F00_7475-resize-.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.10/IMG_5F00_7444-copy-resize-.jpg[/img]

i just tested some new long exposures at about 30 sec. or longer at about F/19 with a Canon rebel XT on a gitzo Tripod with a remote release and an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.10/IMG_5F00_8115-resize-.jpg[/img]

Re: Long exposures

I've always thought that light streak images were interesting.

I really like the Christmas tree picture. I like how it appears to be glowing, rather than how they are often captured (a bunch of tiny bright dots on a very dark background).

I always was fascinated with light streaks too, a few years back I was in the car at night at produced some odd pictures by turing the camera during an exposure. This is my favorite of the bunch.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.61/CIMG4599.jpg[/img]

That's very cool. Just headlights andtail lights?

I believe so, although its quite hard to tell if there was a street light involved.

I tried a couple of times...

20 seconds @ f11 ISO 100 with kit lens on a canon XSi

4 seconds @ f11 ISO 100

30 seconds @ f8 ISO 100

this last one, actually, was pretty hard to take: I had to keep the streetlight in the composition, but it resulted in a lot of flare, which is not visible in B&W, but I'm not sure if I like it cropped or B&W. And it resulted very underexposed even at 30 seconds; I tried to set the camera to 400 ISO and to a lower shutter speed, but results didn't change that much, and flare was still there. So what I did was get back at the original settings and increase the exposure in DPP (I shot RAW), which resulted in some noise, removed with the same software.

The second one is my favorite, with the nice reflections.

wow those are cool im just starting so thanks for the compliments