Thread: 1d Mark III and Concert Photography

1d Mark III and Concert Photography

I could use some advise from those who have shot concerts in the past. I have been invited to shoot the Lady Gaga concert in Macau this weekend. I have a new 1d Mark III and was wondering if it is better to use the center point and just recompose or should I go with the 45 point AF of the camera.

Re: 1d Mark III and Concert Photography

Depending on how bright the concert is going to be and how much is going on visually with moving lights, I might go manual focus instead and not worry about any of the AF points period :P

Also, what lens(es) are you planning on using?

Re: 1d Mark III and Concert Photography

I recently shot Kanye West indoor @ Cipriani - NYC. a lot of lights where flashing and some times the light was steady.

I used live view and manual focus to get some shots - I paired my Canon 40D with the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

I think using manual and live view should be safe - but I also tried selecting a Single AF point and it worked out when lights weren't flashing!

check out the photos of Kanye West Concert at my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j2martinez/sets/72157621835845907/

j.martinez