Thread: Any suggestions on what could have made this better?

Any suggestions on what could have made this better?

I know that a night shot like this would have also turned out quite well, but all I had time to do was a quick 5 shots and then later photomerged them. Assuming I go back, what would you all suggest I do differently. Also, what do you think could be done differently to this shot to make it better?

Taken with a Rebel XT and a 24-105L

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.18/800.jpg[/img]

Re: Any suggestions on what could have made this better?

Hmm, It is a nice shot. Good color. I think I would have backed out a bit and or widened the zoom to get more fore ground. I think showing people in the shot would have improved it. Or may be don't crop so tight. Also, when using a wide angle, you need to keep the plane of the sensor verticle or you get the converging lines. Sometimes that can add drama to a shot, but sometimes it makes architectural things look wierd. My $.02.

Larry

IMO Crop it and make it a little more straight line at the bottom of the building. Seems a few degrees off and it really shows

Maybe also crop off a bit on the right making it a little more even on both sides.

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 6pt;"]

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]I agree the shot is too tight, but I would also transform the image with the skew command to widen the top to straighten the sides of the coliseum.<o></o>
    <o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by Bob

<span style="font-size: 6pt; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black;"]

<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black;"]I agree the shot is too tight, but I would also transform the image with the skew command to widen the top to straighten the sides of the coliseum.

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I second that

Agree with what had already been said - the color is great, the frame is too tight.

Ya I would have loved to have been backed out more....the originals were pretty backed out, but I didn't know that when you photomerg an image it kind of stretches out the corners. After the crop, this is what I was left with. Guess I'll just have to go back and shoot it again

Quote Originally Posted by hotsecretary

IMO Crop it and make it a little more straight line at the bottom of the building. Seems a few degrees off and it really shows

Maybe also crop off a bit on the right making it a little more even on both sides.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yep, it's a bit banking to the right. Great colors though and a wonderful blue, cloudless sky.. []
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

A time machine would be nice for shots like these. the people in the picture seem to be from the wrong decade.

i agree with everything before...

why not make longer exposure to capture people movements?

use narrower aperture and a bit longer exposure on a tripod or something stable?