Thread: For possible sale or trade: Sigma 30mm f/1.4

For possible sale or trade: Sigma 30mm f/1.4

So, I just bought this recently for my 50D, within the last month. I had wanted to get a lens that would take good pictures in low light, however I have found that my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (with IS) fares just as well if not better for my purposes.

Bought through B&H for $439 and a B+W 62mm to 77mm step up UV filter for it for $78.95. Brand new, probably no more then 100 pictures taken with it. And a Tamron lens cap ($8)?

I'm potentially looking for the following lenses...

Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro (the latest version), Canon MP-E 65mm 2.8 1-5x macro, or Canon EF-S 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do, but I'm definately willing to entertain Trades/Offers...?

Re: For possible sale or trade: Sigma 30mm f/1.4

This post seems like it was posted awhile ago. Is this item still available?

Yep, still available. Interested in the Step Up ring also?

FYI, I'd want payment before shipping Check or money
    order (something I don't have to wait to 'clear' would be best). Or, if you happen to live in Western Washington, we could meet.

Has this experienced any back-focusing issues? Any scratches, cracks, or dents?

Also, does the item come with all of the original equipment (box, lens hood, both caps, warranty card, manual)?

How much are you looking for for the sigma?

Thanks

Well, I just bought it in June (now that I look at my order online) and have only used it twice - once in a gymnasium just to test it out and a little around town one night in Seattle, so it's almost literally brand new. I keep very good care of my gear (stored in a Pelican case for example), shouldn't even be a scratch on it. Have everything that came with it, can even provide a copy of the receipt.

I simply find that my Tamron 17-50 2.8 and the girlfriends Canon 18-55 2.8 IS serve me just as well for what I'm normally shooting (i.e. not moving objects that I need to stop in their tracks). I'd rather recoup some of my money and buy a 100mm 2.8 Macro.

My initial asking was $400 for the lens (i'll cover shipping - lens is still selling for $439 on B&H currently) and $450 for both the lens and filter. (Keep in mind this is a filter that fits this lens, but requires 77mm filters on the front end, which is what a lot of the better Canon lenses take).

(Cut and paste from my order...)
    <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="769"]
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="topLine" align="left" height="40" nowrap="nowrap"]B+W X-WIDE 62mm UV HAZE #010 (2C) FILTER - BWUV62EW

</td>
    <td class="topLine" align="center"]1</td>
    <td class="topLine" align="center"]$78.95</td>
    <td class="topLine"]
    <div align="right"]$78.95</div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="topLine" align="left" height="40" nowrap="nowrap"]

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX-DC HSM f/CANON EOS - SI3014DCCAF

</td>
    <td class="topLine" align="center"]1</td>