Thread: New Site!

New Site!

Just got my photography site up. Kind of getting used to the whole site editing process. Very new to me. Would love to know what you all think so far. They are scaled down photos, which I am also learning how to display full versions for WOW factor. Thanks....

GregoryJStump.com

Re: New Site!

On the front page, the image seems a little bit blurry - I'm guessing b/c of the re-size? I'd fix that since it's the first image anyone sees... also, running 1680x1050 there is still a scroll bar on the right, so I'm assuming there's some dead space underneath the 'View Portfolio' link? I'd get rid of that too if possible.

Love the fullscreen images, did you write that yourself or d/l or buy it somewhere? I looked for something like that for quite a while before I gave up completely :P

Quote Originally Posted by lculpin

On the front page, the image seems a little bit blurry - I'm guessing b/c of the re-size? I'd fix that since it's the first image anyone sees... also, running 1680x1050 there is still a scroll bar on the right, so I'm assuming there's some dead space underneath the 'View Portfolio' link? I'd get rid of that too if possible.

I agree that the front page image needs to be sharper.

Quote Originally Posted by lculpin

Love the fullscreen images, did you write that yourself or d/l or buy it somewhere? I looked for something like that for quite a while before I gave up completely :P

And I, too, really love the full-screen option. Great feature. Love to know more about how you built your site...

Ditto everything above. I love the site.

The only thing I think is that I don't feel it was exactly first nature on your homepage that I scroll down to find the "view port-folio link." Perhaps making some of the welcomingtext or even the picture on the front page into a hyperlink, might be a little more ergonomic.

Just a suggestion.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Hello

I like the site. The image on the front page is blurry on my screen as well. So I would recommended to fix that. I'm in the proces of finishing my site too and know how much pain it is to get everything right. have a look if you like on karelkuranphotography.com .

Regards

Karel