Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Adorama!

Re: Question about Adorama!

Thank you Ms. Oster for your kind response.

Yesterday evening I e-mailed your service dept. with all the pertinent information, Attn. Ms. H. Oster. If someone has not deleted that e-mail you should find all the information you need.

I will also e-mail you directly.

Thanks,

Fouad

Quote Originally Posted by Fouad

I know one thing though. I will NEVER buy or sell anything from Adorama again.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Fouad,

So sorry to hear about your experience. Of all departments that I have dealt with at Adorama the used department by far ranks the lowest. I will say however that I have sold both a camera body and lens to them (before Bryan opened up the buy/sell forum here) and was happy with what they offered/gave me. They ALWAYS beat what B&amp;H will give you for used gear. My last experience with Adorama's used department was recent...I tried to unload some filters that weren't selling here. When they called me to discuss they apologized and said that they could only offer me a small amount.They told me that they shouldn't have accepted them in the 1st placesince they can't offer much money for used filters and again apologized for the misunderstanding. They paid for shipping both ways by the way so the only inconvenience to me was being with my filters for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasphotog

It sounds like you had terrible luck. The very first item I ordered from Adorama was back ordered and took about a month to finally arrive. I was a little upset, but I kept buying from them because they had such good prices and so many refurbished items. My experiences since that first orderhave been pretty perfect. I have probably recommended Adorama to 20 photographer friends and we all rave about the good communication.

I had the exact same experience! The 1st item I tried to purchase from them was a "new" product so it hadn't actually come in stock yet. It was the Tamron 10-24mm ultra wide. Eventually I got tired of waiting and just ordered the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 instead. Thank god I did!!! Anyway, since then I've spent a ridiculous amount of money there.Their awesome stock of Canon refurbished goodshas made themmy go to over B&amp;H. I consistently advize my friends and family to shop at either Adoramaor B&amp;H!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Chuck, you wouldn't happen to be a Lord of the Rings fan, would you?

Why yes, yes I am.

Funny though, I didn't even think about that scene until you mentioned it. []

UPDATE------------------------------------------

Within 2 hours of my e-mailing Ms. H. Oster with the particulars of the problem, I received a phone call from Adorama and I was informed that they have credit my cc for $300 just minutes ago. They have my cc on file because I have bought my Canon 5DMII from them.

Needless to say, I am very impressed with the way Ms. Osler runs things and takes care of concerns that she becomes aware of . She is clearly the person to go to in case of any problems.

I thank Ms. Osler and I thank this forum to allow me to voice a concern.

Fouad, It's Oster not Osler

Isn't it great when the system works!!

This kind of customer service shows why Adorama has so many satisfied customers.

I agree... I haven't bought that many things from Adorama, but I will say that everything I have purchased was always shipped promptly and the packaging was always good. It is usually a toss up for me between Adorama and B+H... Since they have both been reliable for me in the past... It usually comes down to who is selling their goods cheaper.

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your kind words about Adorama - which are very much appreciated.

Also, to thank the kind person who emailed to let me know that Fouad had a problem; with approximately 450 websites, photo sharing forums, shopping sites etc to cover, the odd forum posting does slip past me.

If you need help with anything concerning Adorama Camera - or AdoramaPix - , it's always best to contact me directly: [email="helen.oster@adoramacamera.com]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com[/email]

<span style="color: #0000ff;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: 'Lucida Handwriting'; font-size: 14pt;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]Helen<o></o>

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Thank you all for your feedback, I still haven't called for a quote yet but it sounds like I should be in good hands. Thanks!