Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 7D Real!

Re: 7D Real!

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

Download some sample photos

[url="http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos7d/]Samples[/url]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Let's also see Bryan's opinion on this one later. 18MP on APS-C? I want to see if that can get me more resolution than noise. Personally I need 18mp resolution once or twice per year. []

Daniel Browning - How many pixel do you think is still reasonable for APS-C? In other words, at what resolution do you think we'd better stop and focus on doing something else at this format? (e.g. try to reduce noise rather than increasing pixel) I think the current 15-18mp is quite enough already considering one may only need 1MP for internet and 15MP to print to 11x16'!

Thanks!

Since I'm probably not in the market for this body, having just bought the 5DMKII, it's more interesting to speculate what this means for the next 1D upgrades. The 1DMKIII is a tad faster at 10fps, but gives up a lot of resolution to this new camera. Should we expect the MKIV to debut with 30 megapixels, 3 processors and 12 fps???

It looks like the 7D will be a very nice camera for the semi-pro sports shooters out there.

[url="http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos7d/][/url]

<div style="CLEAR: both"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin

I think the current 15-18mp is quite enough already considering one may only need 1MP for internet and 15MP to print to 11x16'!

</div>

I agree. I am making 24x30 prints from my 12.8MP and they are fantastic. I am most interested in the AF improvements. I wish canon could have made this improvement in the 5DmkII.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasphotog

Should we expect the MKIV to debut with 30 megapixels, 3 processors and 12 fps???

Thats what I am looking for. Oh,if I could only afford it when it comes.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    Daniel Browning - How many pixel do you think is still reasonable for APS-C? In other words, at what resolution do you think we'd better stop and focus on doing something else at this format? (e.g. try to reduce noise rather than increasing pixel)

I think Daniel has made his views on this subject pretty clear. []

For some uses, 1mp is enough. For others, we're not even close to having enough resolution.

after the stupid message before, i'm going to give my real opinion on this body:

I really like the fps, the crop, the AF and the built-in flash trigger. Why? Because I'm mainly a sports photographer, and i'm usually stuck in low light, so better AF is really cool. As for the flash trigger, that is because I'm personally interested in getting into lighting and that feature would be really useful to me.

As for the MP and all that stuff, I'm not really concerned: people say that the XSi is quite "unusable" abo ISO 400, but when i'm shooting at ISO 800 and 1600, which is quite often, I'm not finding any real trouble with noise. Plus, Daniel always says that it's just a myth that smaller pixels mean increased noise. So that's just not a concern of mine.

Too bad it would only take CF cards, because i only have SD cards for the XSi...but that won't be a problem. THe REAL concern is price..$1699 is a bit too much for me...even if I sold the XSi with the kit lens and 2 SD cards I could make it something like &amp;1199, which is more reasonable. But, and here's whaat i'm wondering, is the gap between the 50D and the 7D worth spending more or less $700 more? Is it much of an improvement, especially for someone like me upgrading from an XSi?

hopefully i'll figure it out

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

I agree. When you see these specs and start to drool, it isn't a bad idea to stop and think, "how much better will this make my pictures?" For me, I think the answer depends more on autofocus speed and accuracy than anything else. Will it be closer to the 50D or to the 1D? If the latter, the 1DIV will have to be something special to demand a large premium over this camera. 18mp at 8fps is pretty fast.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

The 1D series is already something special: durability, customizability, dual card slots, and (according to DB) analog amplifiers in place of some of the digital amplifiers in other models. For its time, the 1D3 and 1Ds3 were some extreme products, and I suspect Canon will deliver. In August/September 2007, the 1D3 was computing 100mp/sec and the 40D was computing 65mp/sec. If that margin holds, we're looking at ~220mp/sec for the 1D4/1Ds4 products (18mp @ 12fps and 36mp @ 6 fps???).
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Oh sweet jesus! This IS going to be the upgrade body I'm going to get! I haven't upgraded from my XT because the XXD bodies didn't seem much different and more to offer to me, but this 7D is outstanding! I love the price too, anything below $2,000 is highly attractive to me.

Time to save up for chirstmas time. [H]

But Sean, won't you have to buy Canon 420's or 580's? What will you do with those poor Vivitars? Peanut slave triggers, oh but what about the Canon preflash.....[]

Alan

Now that the 7D is released, let's start bashing it for what it coulda/woulda/shoulda been and begin speculating what the next 8D should be expected/demanded to have, for performance specs.

I'll be out taking pictures with my previous, crummy cameras.

Let me know how the speculation goes. []