Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger System V4 vs. CTR-301P

Re: Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger System V4

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Arial;"]Will do Chuck <o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Arial;"]Also, I emailed RadioPoppers and asked when the <span style="font-family: Arial;"]RadioPopper RPcube adaptor will be available and also if my 430EXs will be compatible. As soon as I hear back I'll post an update.

Anyone know what's the max trigger voltage for the CTR-301P? I think I've read somewhere in the past that it was like 12V, but right now I can't find this info [:S]

Quote Originally Posted by Oren
    Anyone know what's the max trigger voltage for the CTR-301P? I think I've read somewhere in the past that it was like 12V, but right now I can't find this info

The CTR-301P is for strobes that use 12V or less for triggering. I found it here.

Anyone know what's the max trigger voltage for the CTR-301P? I think I've read somewhere in the past that it was like 12V, but right now I can't find this info [img]/emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

<p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]Oren,<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]<u2></u2>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]This doesn't exactly answer your question but it's all that I could find. Below is part of athreadfrom a dpreview [url="http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1025&amp;message=32629185]forum[/url]:<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<u2><span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>
    <span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]Per our engineer, it can be used on the high voltage flashes because the CTR-301 has an internal protection set. Should you have any problem, please feel free to contact me.
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #0000ff; font-family: Verdana;"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]Thanks &amp; Best Regards
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #0000ff; font-family: Verdana;"]Emma<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>
    <font color="#000000" face="Verdana" style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: "]<u2><font color="#000000" face="Verdana" style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: "]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]From: Hong Kong Yong Nuo Photographic Equipment
    Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 2:51 PM
    </font></u2></font></u2>

<p class="MsoNormal"]

Thanks Mark, I've already seen it, but my flash is 230V not 100V. Also, I've found by now some site which says 12V max - so one says it can handle 100V and the other says no more than 12V - one of them is wrong of course.

Just a side note: Per the manual, Cybersyncs can handle trigger voltages up to 300V. ;-)

Sean,

Didn't you say that you have a set of CTR-301s? Do you have that manual by any chance?

Hey Sean, yes I know they can, I also checked the new Radiopopper jrx but couldn't find anything about their max voltage.

After "re-thinking", I can't justify the price of either the Cybersyncs or the Radiopoppers as I have zero lighting stuff except one old flash and a DIY light tent right now.

Also, I barely have time to take new shots with my 50D and so I doubt how many times will I use this old flash with the Cybersyncs/Radiopoppers/CTR-301P or w/e trigger system I'll end up with (if at all).

If I end up with something with a low max voltage, what I'll do is building my own protector for the trigger - it is very easy and basically made of 2 simple and relatively cheap electronic stuff. I already have them here on my desk and I've already tested them with my old flash and they work just fine, all I'll have to do is put them in some nice box and add some connectors so I'll be able to quickly connect it to my flash and the trigger.

If anyone else is interested in this little "protector", you can see it here: http://www.carlmcmillan.com/images/Optoisolated_Adapter.GIF

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

Sean,

Didn't you say that you have a set of CTR-301s? Do you have that manual by any chance?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I don't believe I still have the packaging that came with the CTR-301s.

If I end up with something with a low max voltage, what I'll do is building my own protector for the trigger - it is very easy and basically made of 2 simple and relatively cheap electronic stuff. I already have them here on my desk and I've already tested them with my old flash and they work just fine, all I'll have to do is put them in some nice box and add some connectors so I'll be able to quickly connect it to my flash and the trigger.

That sounds like a plan!

Oren,

[url="http://www.opusprophoto.com/products/accessories/general.html]This[/url] is supposed to be about $30. I read about it in the latest issue of SHUTTERBUG.
    <h2>OPL-Sync Protect</h2>

<span class="imagefloat"]

Click to enlarge

• Protects your camera against flash discharge from 6 Volts to 400 Volts
      (for protection greater than 400 Volts, use OPL WTS remote flash trigger system)
    • Reduces red eye by changing the parallax angle (angle of flash to the lens)