Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger System V4 vs. CTR-301P

Re: Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger System V4

Yes Mark, I know of this one too, but:

1. $30 is too high when your trigger is worth about the same and/or when you can build your own for $10.

2. I saw it on B&H before but the shipping will cost me twice of the device itself; and again - $30 for this little guy is way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren

Yes Mark, I know of this one too, but:

1. $30 is too high when your trigger is worth about the same and/or when you can build your own for $10.

2. I saw it on B&H before but the shipping will cost me twice of the device itself; and again - $30 for this little guy is way too much.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Dang! I promise I'll be helpful at some point :-)

RadioPoppers UPDATE

Did Jessica answer my question?

A side note, the <span style="color: #000000;"]<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small; font-family: Arial;"]RadioPopper JrX Receiver Studio <span style="color: #000000;"]<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small; font-family: Arial;"]enables on camera control of power levels of "<span style="color: #000000;"]<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small; font-family: Arial;"]any TTL / "Dedicated" flash for use with Canon or Nikon Camera bodies" where as the <span style="color: #000000;"]<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small; font-family: Arial;"]RadioPopper JrX Receiver Basic does not.

From Mark to RadioPoppers:

Questions: Is the "RadioPopper JrX Receiver STUDIO" compatible with the Canon 430EX Speedlite? Also, when will the "RPcube adaptor" become available and how much will it cost?

From RadioPoppers to Mark:

Mark,

The JrX will be capable of triggering nearly any device via an appropriate mono cable adaptor. This may include mono to PC-Sync connectors to directly trigger 580EXII and similar flashes. It may be a mono to hot shoe adaptor for triggering flashes not equipped with a PC-sync jack, and it may be mono to other various connectors to attach to cameras or studio strobes.

Your JrX Transmitter, JrX Receiver Basic, and/or JrX Receiver Studio order will include long lasting CR123a battery for each unit, a cable for 3.5mm, 2.5mm or 1/4&Prime; sync ports for the JrX Receiver Basic, and/or the cable for 3.5mm, 2.5mm or 1/4&Prime; sync ports, RJ11 cable and 3.5mm plug for use with Alien Bees, White Lightning and Zeus.
    We will have additional information on where you can find the cord and/or adapter you need for your set-up if it is not one of the cords and/or adapters that are included.

You may find more information on our JrX system and whole X System family of products on our blog http://radiopopper.com/blog/. And the RadioPopper Website http://www.radiopopper.com .

We are expecting the RPcube to be available in 6-8 weeks. We do not have an exact cost, but being that is an accessory we "expect" it to be in the $30 range, but please do not quote me on this as we are waiting for more information from Research and Development.

Thank you for contacting the RadioPopper Information Center.

Regards,

Jessica Delagrange ~ Customer Service Representative
    /////// RadioPopper - Radio ETTL
    /////// info@radiopopper.com
    /////// www.radiopopper.com

No............ She doesn't have a clue! What a shame.

Mark, Reply, and prefix "We the 1000 plus members of the-digital-picture.com forums will ask you once again...........please be sure to be educated and accurate with your response."

If radiopopper is serious then we should get an accurate answer.

Man the form letter crap is SO LAME!!

And from a company that is already behind the eight ball and wants to compete with Pocket Wizards.....Unreal.

Ok, this is quite off-subject, but I decided to try to add a mini ballhead to my spring clamp (basically making a DIY Justin Clamp). However, I thought I'd have a little more fun and see how much weight this thing could hold. I was decently impressed. Of course, I didn't actually include a way to trigger the flashes--but they could all be triggered optically quite easily (without adding much weight), or else one could be fired via an attached Cybersync, while the other two could be fired optically as a result of the first flash firing (as long as the Cybersync-connected flash was positioned a little behind the other two).

I feel like a mad scientist. The clamp will never be used like this--but it's fun to know what's possible.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.08/_5F00_MG_5F00_7650-copy-small.jpg[/img]

Pretty cool Sean! That seems like a lot for a little spring-clip to handle. What's that, close to 4 lbs total? That's a lot of fire-power!!

I'm really not sure how much weight it is. Of course, if the clamp were positioned on a vertical support (like a door), I don't think it would have been able to hold all that weight up. But as shown, it worked in that orientation.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the time frame for the cube... I asked RP 2 weeks ahead of their supposed release of the PX system how that date was looking, as was told that they'd definitely be "on time"... and then something like 3 months later they were finally released. Similar with the JrX system.

Speaking of the JrX, i just got my transmitter and studio receiver in the mail (and my third PX Receiver) and will post impressions once I've used them.... first thing I noticed was that the JrX Receiver was WAY bigger than I expected... I had kinda been thinking about the size of my keyfob for my car alarm (similar design) but it's quite a bit bigger... the images on their site make it look like the receiver is just in front of the transmitter, but that's actually about their actual side-by-side size

*EDIT* And in other news, my Px Receiver didn't come with a battery cover. What the hell??? I've emailed RP and will see what they say... somehow I don't really see them sending me a 1 cent cover in the mail to Canada though :S

Can you mount an umbrella to it? LOL []

Seriously, you keep coming out with links to all these great products. I'm still wondering if you have any recomendations for mutiple flash mounts. (besides this one of-course)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson
    RadioPoppers UPDATE

From RadioPoppers to Mark on September 3 2009:

Mark,

We are expecting the RPcube to be available in 6-8 weeks. We do not have an exact cost, but being that is an accessory we "expect" it to be in the $30 range, but please do not quote me on this as we are waiting for more information from Research and Development.

Thank you for contacting the RadioPopper Information Center.

Regards

RadioPoppers UPDATE

From RadioPoppers to Mark on November10 2009:

Mark,

We greatly apologize for your frustration. We give out estimated release dates. At this time we are still looking at 4-6 weeks. As with many companies, there are unexpected delays that arise with the manufacturing and sourcing process. We will post on our website/blog as soon as we have a definite date.

We appreciate your patience and understanding! We are looking forward to getting the RPcube in our customers' hands as soon as we can.

Best Regards