Thread: Rainbow Trout in Flight

Rainbow Trout in Flight

Please let me know what you like and dislike, thank you. []

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.33/IMG_5F00_6568_5F00_filtered.jpg[/img]

40D, 400 f/5.6L, Aperture Priority, f/5.6, 1/2000 sec, ISO 400, +1 Exp. Comp., @ El Dorado Regional Park, Long Beach, CA.

Re: Rainbow Trout in Flight

taking him for a ride. haha. nice shot, would be nice if the eagle or(whatever kind of species is) has a little more head space to fly into. but that's just my personal preference.

Thanks Ultima, I'll take that in consideration next time []. BTW, this is an osprey or fish hawk. Their diet consists of 99.9% of fish[H]

Great shot, really amazing!

Is the sharpness increased? It looks that way around the edge of the bird.

Great shot, I'm amazed at this and theother photo, by the way. Really impressive!

Sinh,

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]You're the greatest at this. I play golf every week here in <st1:city w:st="on"]<st1lace w:st="on"]San Diego</st1lace></st1:city> (Rancho Bernardo area) and for the past 3 months I have been watching an Osprey catch fish (blue gill and bass) out of the golf course ponds. For the past couple of weeks I have had my 50D with 70-200mm f/2.8L with me ready to shot him but haven't had the chance yet. It is amazing when these birds hit the water and rise straight upas ifbouncing off the water with a fish in tow.The big splash noiseshatters the morning silenceand then the next thing you see is this big bird rising straight up out of the water with their tremendously powerful wings. They then slowly ascend up and fly in a circular pattern while they straighten the fish for flight then go to a far off tree and eat. I did not know they had trout in Long Beach.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Keep up the good work you are an inspiration to me.<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Kyle<o></o>

Another great shot! Maybe some fill flash to lighten the underside of the wings and trout slightly? Or do the same in post processing. I wouldn't want too much flash but just a little. That's being picky of course - I love the shot.

Great shot!

Iespeciallylike the look on the trout's face.

Thanks everyone for your comments[].

Kyle, I shoot these ospreys atEl Dorado Regional Park in Long Beach, the large lake there is stocked withtrouts once every 2-3 weeks to promote fishing and outdoor activities. How the ospreyfound outabout this lake, I don't really know, but I read somewhere that if there is a body of water with enough fish, ospreys will make their home there.

Steve, I did some sharpening using the USM function in photoshop. Amount is130% and Radius is0.3. I will pay more attention next time when shapening my images, thanks for pointing that out.

Bryan, I'm thinking about getting a better beamer []. I hope it'll lighten up the shadow area more.

Taking a wild life shot is not an easy task it takes a lot of PATIENCE . GOOD SHOT