Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: city shots i'd appreciate C&C on

city shots i'd appreciate C&C on

1) Link

2) Link

3) Link

Re: city shots i'd appreciate C&C on

Nice shots, but maybe you could use a longer exposure since there are parts which are totally dark... or maybe you should have taken 2 shots with different shutter speeds and then make an HDR.

"maybe you could use a longer exposure "

With a graduated neutral density filter to retain the sky...

good point... sadly I even brought my graduated ND with me! but i wasn't thinking. i sorta liked that silhouette look but now in hindsight it seems like people want more exposure on the foreground.

The hard part with sunsets is the beauty can be gone in an instant! There isn't time to try all possibilities.

agreed, I had the xsi and 50d loaded up with diff lenses to take my shots there.

i will say i'm amazed at the tonal range on that 50d. especially the top shot i really like the orange gradient seems very smooth

I like the composition of the second one the most. It shows the details of the city, and the trailing lights better (especially the larger version). The dark landscape on the left and right of the other images is taking up a bit too much of the space. Good stuff overall!

"the tonal range on that 50d"

I'd love to see both cameras with the identical setup take the exact same shot.

Anyone out there have two of the same lens?

I love them all. Especially the second one. I think it reders the idea of chaotic movement away from the city just as well as the first one, but I like the colors better. The third one is the worst of the set, I think, because of the composition, I like it more cropped.

Anyway, I LOVE -and when I say love, I mean it- New York City... I've been there only once, but I'm sure I'm going to end up living there some day. Hopefully.

nice shot