Thread: Any suggestions for a good photo scanner?

Any suggestions for a good photo scanner?

I have MANY MANY pictures from back in the day that I would like to scan and upload but Im in need of a good scanner. Almost all of the pictures are just the actual developed photos without the actual film strips.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Don

Re: Any suggestions for a good photo scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by donnman
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Donnman,

Try this deal at newegg.com. They're out of stock currently but may have more coming in. It's a Visioneer for 20 bucks. My scanner is an old old Visioneer 8100 I bought on clearance at Staples for 20 bucks around 5-6 years ago. My wife is slowly converting our print film library over to digital. Last year, I was looking at some of the newer Canon scanners, thinking, "man these have got to be 10X better than that old visioneer with the old windows 3.1 interface software ans usb 1.0 interface." So I bought one. I don't remember which model it was but I paid around $120.00 for it. It did slides etc. and all the reviews were "excellent". I have one word for that scanner....crap. I was very dissapointed. The scan color and clarity were no where near the IQ of the old Visioneer 8100. I took it back and got a refund. We're still using the old Visioneer and it's getting the job done.

Thanks Chuck, but it looks to still be sold out []

I was checking out other scanners and found one that looks pretty good. But, Im wondering if anyone has any experience with it. The one Im considering is the Canon Canoscan 8800F.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Really need to get a good scanner before all of our prints are ruined.

I do a scan from time to time of film. I was going to purchase the CanoScan8800 myself. But for not much more coin the MP980 Pixma all in one has the same scanner from the specs I read, and they had a rebate on it not that long ago.

I think the MP990 may now be out. Just a bang up scanner and a darn nice Photo WiFi printer if I may say. I replaced my iP3600 with this all-in-one no issues. Though be warned the MP980 isa very a large machine for the coin, about 22lbs. The negative scans are everybit as good as my old, now dead, Konica DiMage ScanDual IV 35mm scanner.

If you are really the picky typethe Epson V700 is said to be the best. My one buddy swears by his. I'm not that hard core for scanning.