Thread: 580EX II Question

580EX II Question

<span style="font-size: x-small;"]

I have the Cannon 5D and the 580EX II all of a sudden my flash doesn&rsquo;t work all the time. If I had the diffuser on and the camera angled down at the flash will not go off. Also a lot of the time the flash goes off but the image is dark. Too dark to save at all. Any ideas?

Thank You for the help!!

Re: 580EX II Question

I also have a 5D and 580EXII. I have had similar problem. Mine appears to be the foot. It does not clamp down tight enough so as the weight shifts forward you loose connection with some of the connection points. If I hold the flash by hand and pull it back it will fire OK. I have been thinking of replacing the foot. I got a quote for a replacement from http://www.flashzebra.com/ordering.shtml#domestic but have not purchased yet. The quote was $47 + shipping.

Mark
    Mark

By the way, welcome to the community.
    Mark

Thanks so much for the advise I find it a little dishearting as I got the two flashes in a kit less then a year ago. I already thought it was a connection issue. I guess it is cheaper then a new flash. Thanks so much for the advice and the welcome.