Thread: With fingers crossed...

With fingers crossed...

I submitted this one to a local contest for a "favorite moment" during a festival downtown last weekend.

Canon XTi, 50mm f1.4

Aperture Priority f1.4 1/800. ISO 400

Shot in RAW processed in Canon DPP. Brightness up .33 stops, Sharpness cranked all the way up, Luminance/Chrominance Reduction on High (allows me to up the sharpness without the noise around the edges.

Why Aperture Priority at f1.4? Couldn't tell you. I was just in that kind of mood. I shot 130 photos that day, and this was one of the last ones. It was a very quick moment, but I caught a teenager trying to be cool, much to the delight of his family.

The 50mm can be limiting on the XTi, but the sharpness is superb, even at this soft aperture the lines of sequins down the stilt-walker's pants show up very well at a higher resolution.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.20/IMG_5F00_4561.JPG[/img]

Re: With fingers crossed...

I think you could have cropped a little more on the right side. To me, that part of the picture is distracting. But then again, it might be not or someone more experienced than me.

Apart from that, it's a nice shot; I like the subject expression =)

Re: With fingers crossed...

You may be right about the cropping. I was trying to keep all the smiles in the picture. But just the little brother is probably enough. I'm not sure what I'd do about the bigger brother's arm, though.