Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon Lens Prices Rising 10%?

Canon Lens Prices Rising 10%?

I've read on a couple of sites (not canonrumors.com) that Canon would raise lens prices by 10% on October 1. Is this true?

-mc

Re: Canon Lens Prices Rising 10%?

I hope not. It seems they just recently went up.
    Mark

I did not here that,but it would not surprise me. Their prices have been steadily increasing all summer.[8o|][8o|]

I am sure glad I took the plunge on my 70-200 2.8 IS at the begining of the last rebates. Adorama is selling a refurb for $300 more than I paid them for new. I have no issue with Adorama refurb, I have bought some and been very pleased with it. I am just pointing out a HUGE price jump on a rumored to be discontinued/soon to be updated lens. I wish I could have got one or two more lenses at the old prices. Just all the camera cash I had at the time. Looking at some of the current pricing, it looks like it would have been an investment.[]

Chris

Went to a camera store twice in the past month and heard it from two different workers their. Also heard it from a photographer that I worked with on a BBC shoot in Monterey. They both said 10% increase come October 1st.

If you got your eye on a lens, snap it up now!

IT'S TRUE!!!! Dell, Inc had very comparative pricing on Canon accessories. Couple of days ago the580EX IIwas listed for $420 and now is $559. B&H has theirs listed for $445 which I believewas listed for $380 previously.

NO!!!!!!!! Why? With the economy the way it is, why is Canon increasing their prices?

I should have bought an extra 580exII in which I have been contemplating of doing based from the "rumors" of the increase in pricing.This would have been added to my 580EXII and 430EX. Dang it!!!

I'm pretty sure it's based on the USD vs YEN... nothing to do with the Economy.

USD is tanking right now, and as a Canadian I'm very happy

The 580EXII was $420 at B&H before. It had a $50 spring rebate that took it down to $370. Hopefully fall rebates will come around and you can get it for $395.

10% lucky you................. Singapore and Brunei 20% eg EF200mm L (New) it was B$7200 in April now its B$9700

LOL...

Not if you intend on purchasing some 'L' glass. The prices have gone up compared to our 'buddies' across the 47th parallel.

Forget about buying gold, invest in 'L' glass, it seems that ROI is much higher!

[:P]
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Prices did increase a month or so ago a considerable amount. If you check B&H's website today though you'll notice the price came down half of the increase on several of the Canon lenses. I follow the prices very closely and have hard copies of my wishlist that actually show the difference in prices.

Canon 50mm 1.4 - $350 3 months ago - $400 yesterday - $375 today

Canon 300mm 2.8 L - $4,100 3 months ago - $4,600 yesterday - $4,340 today

Canon 100-400 IS L - $? 3 months ago - $1,680 yesterday - $1,610 today

Not all the lenses came down in price but there are plenty more just like those. I just don't feel like typing them all out but none of the price decreases were due to the canon instant rebates they just came down in price so now might be the time to buy.Who knows whenthe prices will go up again.

Fred~