Thread: Camera king or primo camera's?

Camera king or primo camera's?

Looking into buying a new lens. and camera king and primo are boasting the lowers prices. has anyone on here dealt with ether of them? how was the lens?

Re: Camera king or primo camera's?

Never heard of either... can't say I'd be willing to try 'em.... Camera King - the one based out of Europe? Or is there one state side? (wouldn't go there either way, just curious)

I'm from the UK and When I got my 50D, i ordered a lot of accesories from CameraKing_UK, including my Battery Grip, Filters, Batteries etc, and they were perfect with me! Fast delivery and everything was spot on.
    So I never had a problem with them personally.

I know this post is probably too late, but DON'T BUY FROM THEM! There are lots of online retail scams where they bait and switch you and so you either pay a lot more than you thought or you worry that you gear may never be shipped or they will buy stuff on your credit card.

Camera King:

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.cameraking.co.uk

Primo doesn't looks as bad, but some people have had bait-and-switch experiences:

http://www.nextag.com/PrimoCameras~4367600zzzreviewsz1zmainz17-htm

Whenever a price looks too good, it probably is. I always google "Name of reseller + review" and see what comes up. don't fall for scams. I started a post about camera scams (link below) and there is a pretty good list of scammers there.

http://community.the-digital-picture.com/forums/p/661/4148.aspx#4148

I'd fork over the extra $$$ and go B&H

Out of your 2 options, camera king has better reviews

brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert
    I know this post is probably too late, but DON'T BUY FROM THEM! There are lots of online retail scams where they bait and switch you and so you either pay a lot more than you thought or you worry that you gear may never be shipped or they will buy stuff on your credit card.

+1 for that. If you're spending that much money on camera equipment make sure you get it from a reputable resource.

You won't go wrong with B&H or Adorama. I ordered from Adorama 19 times last year (including Canon bodies and lenses) and everything came on time and in perfect condition.

I even got an apology from the lab when some of my Christmas prints took a few extra days to process.

Stay away from Primo, don't know about camera king

I ordered a pentax Kx from primo, the next day got a call to confirm the order, didn't think much about it

till later, it was nothing more than a high presure sales pitch to add more accessories.

But ten I didn't get a tracking #, The guy i talked to said it would be delivered in 5- 9 days

oreered on may 03 today may 17 I have heard nothing, have seen a lot of bad reviews,

Check this places out good before ordering, Amazon is a reliable company.

Never, and I repeat NEVER buy from Primo Camera! I have been dealing in a nightmare of a deal with them for over a month. So far, I'm out $349, and nothing to show for it. I've reported them to the Better Business Bureau, and am taking other action at this time. They are fraudulant, and try to lure you in with lower than believable pricing in most cases. STAY AWAY!