Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me spend $2500

Re: Help me spend $2500

if i had your equipment list, i would go for a 5DM2. sell the XTi. and if you are still tempted by the 7D and like the reviews (which i am sure will be complimentary) sell the 40D and then you have a 2 great bodies (up to date) to go with those lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterbugJohan

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Bookhammer
    24-70 2.8 IS
    Where'd you get it? [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

It was a limited edition for a short time last night while I was sleep deprived [] boy is it heavy

Would it be worth spending money on another great piece of glass, such as the 85 1.2 and wait for the 5D Mark III or another full frame camera in the future?

Thanks

Joel

Joel,

Decissions decission... You've got some great lenses so I think I might have to agree with some of the others and so go full frame and get the 5D Mark II and sell the XTI. I have the 85L 1.2 II and LOVE it and also agree that would be a good choice. They don't call it the Magic Canonball for nothing.

I'm not sure how it would handle on the 40D or XTI though. Even on my 1Ds Mark III you have to be EXTREMELY carefull even at f2 with the lens micro adjusted focusing can be very tricky. I'm almost possitive the XTI wouldn't be able to handle the focusing and I'm not so sure about the 40D. You'll just have to shoot more shots to make sure you have one in perfect focus. Just something else to think about. Either way you can't go wrong.

Fred~

I agree, sell XTI, buy 5DMKII. Amazing camera.

Alternative 14 f 2.8 IIL (The best wide angle I ever had) + 100 mm Macro 2.8 IS As soon as available.

Ciao

Gian Luca

So the winner is.....I am now a proud owner of an 85 1.2 L. Well I will be tommorow when it arrives in the mail.

The reasoning is, is that I needed a faster lens for weddings. The 2.8's just werent cutting it forhow dark the venues can be.

I thought hard about spending the money on the 5D Mark II, but at my age I figured it would be best to invest in glass, and then get a full frame a year or two from now....maybe sooner....who knows.

Thanks for all of the input!

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Bookhammer
    I am now a proud owner of an 85 1.2 L.

Excellent choice! Ultimate portrait lens.

Congrats!

Hmmm well... then you still need to find a way to spend the other $500. My account number is... []

Thanks Daniel and Oren. I just opened it up about a half hour ago and well unfortunately Im still at work and havent had a chance to use it yet, but it looksimpressive! Im hoping the IQ is impressive as the build. Im not initially a big fan about the manual focus, only working on a turned on camera but Im sure Canon has a good reason for that.

Im not sure about the other $500 Oren, maybe the 50 1.4 or another flash. But Im deffinitly happy with the purchase.

Thanks

Joel

Yep, sell the nifty fifty and get the 1.4.