Thread: the skinny on IS

the skinny on IS

I get the slow shutter speed side and how it helps hand held shots. In one article, I forget which, it said IS took half a second to lock. In general, would that be for for every shot orjust the first?Also read if IS hadn't locked, you could end up with blurry picts. So for faster shutter speeds, do you keep it disabled for clearer shots and longerbattery life, or does itmatter.

thanks for reading this.

Re: the skinny on IS

Quote Originally Posted by 2slo
    it said IS took half a second to lock. In general, would that be for for every shot orjust the first?

The first in a burst of shots.

Also read if IS hadn't locked, you could end up with blurry picts.

Yes.

So for faster shutter speeds, do you keep it disabled for clearer shots and longerbattery life, or does itmatter.

1/500 or less, I leave I.S. enabled. Over 1/500, I disable I.S.

Thanks Daniel.

So pretty much when you lift off the shutter button, and then press it again, the 1/2 second has to go by - yet again. Answers a lot of questions about my random blurry picts during single click action shots.

read, click, read, click....lots more going on with a xsi compared to my canon dsc-75 cybershot.

So pretty much when you lift off the shutter button, and then press it again, the 1/2 second has to go by - yet again.

Yes. Keep up the good work!