Has anyone had good success with the 40D in AI Servo mode? I find that the focus with my 40D is generally spot on for static subjects, but I rarely get crisp shots when in Servo mode. I rented a 135mm f/2 over the weekend and hoped that getting the f/2.8 middle AF sensor going would help, but found the same results as with my 70-200 f/4. In general the focus seems a little behind the subject. I tend to use the central AF point only, or the auto select (all AF sensors). This is a typical shot from a series -the focus point is in the middle of his shirt, but the sharp part of the photo is his sleeve, earand back shoe. I also shoot in the 3fps mode, rather than 5fps, thinking that this gives it more time to lock focus...

I don't see how micro AF adjustment would help since images are sharp when not moving at similar subject distances. Any suggestions or advice? Am I expecting too much from the xxD series?

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.45/OOF.jpg[/img]

ISO 200, 1/800s, f2.2