Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many shots did you take?

Re: How many shots did you take?

D50 is a 6.1 or 6.2 MP camera, and she shoots jpegs not sure what size though. Although this is sketchy math, my rebel XSi usually generates a 17MB or so Raw file vs. about a 3 MB jpeg,

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1

Even if she "only" has 210,000 shots, over a five year period that is still like 120 shots a day, every day, without a break for half a decade.

you don't know my aunt []i went with her when she was doing some pre-wedding shots for a friend and she took more than 2000 pictures in about 2 hours, and that's not at all out of the ordinary for her. She's not a professional either (although i think she could be). She just clicks off pictures like nothing. . . apparently before she got her digital she would go on trips and come back having shot 24 rolls of film, which is a lot of film if you aren't being paid for the shots. She just goes out every day and takes her camera with her and takes a thousand or so pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by photosurfer
    She just goes out every day and takes her camera with her and takes a thousand or so pictures.

Dang! And she has time to run those through post processing?! I find myself swamped with like three senior picture shoots that combined number maybe 1,300 files!

I wish I had her workflow!

-Rodger

wow 4,000,000 seems nutty on a 40d wasn't it released in sept of 07? making it 2 years old so if he got his 40d the same month it was release he would need to have taken roughly 5,500 pictures every single day since he got it so even if he took photo's 8 hours out of every day thats 700 ish an hour Idk anyone who sprays photo's like that haha.

On my XTi I just passed 16,000 today. I have had the camera for 15 months.

it's a nikon d50, not a canon, it's been out for a while.

She doesn't an enormously high keeper percentage, and she gets backlogged a lot lol. A lot of times she goes through them pretty quick in selecting and she doesn't really do any editing other than crops that i know of. Again, she's not a professional, just someone who likes taking pictures lol

Quote Originally Posted by msmaneri1991

wow 4,000,000 seems nutty on a 40d wasn't it released in sept of 07? making it 2 years old so if he got his 40d the same month it was release he would need to have taken roughly 5,500 pictures every single day since he got it so even if he took photo's 8 hours out of every day thats 700 ish an hour Idk anyone who sprays photo's like that haha.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Itprobably wasa sports photog who doesn't have a huge keeper rate.

I bought my XTi about 18 months ago and am approaching 11,000 shots. I whould be higher, but I entered grad school and don't have all that much time to shoot except during the summer and winter breaks.

My origonal digital rebel had aprox 300,000 frames on it before I traded it at adorama after 4 years

I feel bad for who ever bought that used body

That lasted longer then my first mark III
    I think that it was a dud though

Good luck and happy shooting

Canon 450D, purchased roughly 16 months ago, I estimate about 11,500 images taken plus or minus 500.

I went to the Seychelles for a month &amp;snapped up about 3500 pictures alone. Thank goodness for my mp3 player (80GB)and it's data capabilities.

Now that I have upgraded my lenses to the little 'red' ring, I'm snapping up more and more.
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams