Thread: One Light Self Portraits: Down and Dirty Editing

One Light Self Portraits: Down and Dirty Editing

Hey everyone, just finished up a "personal project" of sorts (trying out my new white seamless background). You wont find the background at B&H or Adorama, but you will find it at your local Wal-mart! They sell 75ft rolls of "banner paper" for $10! It's not very wide, which is problematic in full body shots, but I'm sure there is a workaround for that issue.

Let me know what you think. If you wish to critique, critique away! I just put them in "show and tell" because I don't desperately need critique. I'm pretty happy with them. I'm interested in your thoughts though.

They were inspired by the Wired Mag Street Photography video, and some lifestyle shots from TWSnow mag.

Strobist info: One Canon Speedlite 430EXII @ 1/4 + .07 fired from aprox. 1ft from white ceiling, into white ceiling at 45 degrees. Triggered via Cactus V2s system.

For more

Thanks for checking them out!

-Rodger

Re: One Light Self Portraits: Down and Dirty Editing

nice!

I don't know why but I really like the 3rd one. The highlights are really strong (even blown out around the nose), but I still really like the composition, shadows, and expression. Very well done...

Awesome work, Rodger

I agree with Sean, the third one has a lot of impact. Good use of composition, shadown, and expression.

Nice!

Thanks guys!

Maybe I'm lazy, but I just edited them in the Library module of LR2. No brushes or anything haha. My lighting could have been alott better too, but I was just having fun

Thanks again!

-Rodger

Very nice shots! great job