Thread: Canon BG-E2N attach/detach knob.

Canon BG-E2N attach/detach knob.

While I tried to put on the BG-E2N, I accidently over turned and striped the thread of the wheel or attach/detach knob (the inner thread) and the wheel got stuck. Anyways I disassembled the grip and found that the broken debris got stuck onto other threads. I removed the debris, put everything back, the grip worked, I could mount and dismout it normally. However, since I can disassemble the grip relative easily. I wonder if Canon sells the wheel as part so I can replace a new wheel, I searched on Canon website and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your time and help.

Re: Canon BG-E2N attach/detach knob.

Ouch. That is an event I can relate to very well.

It would not surprise me if that part was available. Give Canon USA a call at 1.800.652.2666 and ask for parts.

Thank you Bryan, I feel a lot better with the tip you gave me. Talking about a bad day, the reason I <span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]removed the battery grip because my 40D repeatedly gave me error 99. I've triedeverything thatI could possibly do like removing both batteries. changing lenses and CF cards,cleaning body, lens and hotshoe contactsand it still gave me error 99. After I turn on the camera and take one shot, error 99 appears and asks me to turn off then turn on the camera again. After I do what error 99 says I take another shot and again I get error 99. Looks like my 13-month old 40D needs a trip to Canon Factory Service Center. Looking on the bright side, I do live about 20 minutes from Canon Factory Service Center in Irvine.[]

Did you read Roger Cicala's Error 99 article (on the news page recently)? Error 99 does often result inthe need to send the camera for service, but Roger gives you sometasks to try first.

Update:

A broken shutter was the cause of Error 99. I was 3 months out of warranty and Canon still replaced the shutter for free. Thank you Canon.

Thanks for sharing the outcome. Very nice of Canon indeed!

Wow....that's really nice of Canon. I recently had a laptop that was 2 weeks out of warranty and GATEWAY quoted me a price to fix it (that was actually more than I paid for the laptop in the first place).

That said, I'm loving my ASUS 900HA/XP netbook that replaced it.