<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]Advice wanted
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]Hi<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]I have an EOS350D, EFS 17-85 and Speedlite 430EX. I was walking past a crowd of people watching a busker very late one night. I wanted to get a few shots of his act, so I set the camera to AV, F8, ISO400 &amp; AI Servo. I held the camera up high and pointed the lens down to get a good viewand shot 10 to 30 in rapid fire.<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]What I got was most of the shot out of focus. I had assumed that the AF Assist on the speedlite would ensure that the camera could focus. What I did not know was that the AF Assist will only work in some of the &ldquo;Basic&rdquo; modes. The only shots that were in focus were due to the flashes of other cameras allowing my AF to work.<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]My question is what is the best way of taking this type of shot?
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-AU"]Raid<o></o>