Thread: Manfrotto Tripod - Opinions

Manfrotto Tripod - Opinions

I have got a few weddings comming up in January, and I'm after a new decent Tripod. Not wanting to spend tooo much on a tripod kit, but this is the kit I am looking at:

Manfrotto 055X Pro B Tripod

Manfrotto 804RC2 3-Way Head

Manfrotto Tripod Bag MBAG 70N

In all about £187 (about $310 - correct me if the convertor I used was wrong)

If people think this is a good line up, then let me know, unless you have other reccomendations for that price.

Re: Manfrotto Tripod - Opinions

Well as you probably know, I suggest to take a look at the Feisol tripods. Even though I still don't own one, there are at least 2 happy Feisol members on this forum (Mark is one of them if I'm not mistaken). You can get a nice setup that will probably hold your gear (yeah... I know that since you probably don't make weddings with 600 f4 L [:P]) for about $370.

Haven't heard of Feisol before, cant seem to find a UK supplier, unless I'm being dense!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleko

Haven't heard of Feisol before, cant seem to find a UK supplier, unless I'm being dense!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Check this site out: http://www.feisoleurope.com/

I have the CT-3342 with the CB-50D Ball Head and so far I am really enjoying the combo. All together you're looking at about $460 USD.

Well, I went for Manfrotto in the end, was cheaper and had it next day delivery.

I went for the 055X Pro B Tripod, 496RC2 Ball head (instead of one originally posted) and the Padded Bag MBAG80P.
    In all, just &pound;200 with Next day delivery. VERY pleased with the setup, haven't owned a decent tripod before so can really see how a decent tripod helps. This one will get me going now, and if I get more jobs hopefully go for sommit better!

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Maleko

Manfrotto 055X Pro B Tripod

Manfrotto 804RC2 3-Way Head

I have this combo. For the price, I'm more than pleased with it. The only disadvantage of the setup is that it's on the heavy side. But you know the saying: I want a tripod that's light, sturdy, and inexpensive. Well, pick two. Any two. I picked sturdy and inexpensive. If you want to spend more, look at fiber legs.

The only extra advice I'd give you is to look at ballheads, like the 322RC2. The 3-way head works great for landscapes (which is what I use it for). But, for a wedding where maybe you want to change lens direction quickly, a ballhead might be more appropriate.

Happy shooting,

Tony

PS Nevermind! I missed your last reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Printezis
    For the price, I'm more than pleased with it. The only disadvantage of the setup is that it's on the heavy side. But you know the saying: I want a tripod that's light, sturdy, and inexpensive. Well, pick two. Any two. I picked sturdy and inexpensive. If you want to spend more, look at fiber legs.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Exactly, for the price im very pleased with it all. I know what you mean about the weight, but then I didnt want to dish out over &pound;200 on just the tripod!