Thread: Spider Holster

Spider Holster

Has anyone purchased this new product? If so, would you recommend it.

Re: Spider Holster

Interesting product concept, I haven't come across it before, but from the demo video on their website the camera bodies seem to hang a little low for my liking - possibly making it prone to getting jostled when moving quickly. I use the BlackRapid Double Strap,it doesn't have the quick release capability, but I find that my cameras feel very secure when running (even with a 70-200 attached) because the cameras rest against my hip and small of my back, rather than against my thigh as appears to be the case with the spider holster.

I have been trying to decide between the Spider Holster and the Cotton Carrier. I agree that it does hand alittle low, but its very compact. Personally Im leaning more towards the Cotton Carrier at this time.

Thanks

Joel

I got an early Xmas present from my wife....a cotton carrier....In the meantime, my order for the spider holster arrived....having had a week to try them both out, my preference is the Cotton Carrier since you can still use your QR plate with it.

Other then the QR plate what have you noticed about both good and bad. Also the Cotton Carrier is it the chest holder, the belt holster or both?

Thanks

Joel

The Cotton Carrier comes with a separate belt holster that you can attached either to your belt or to the side of the Cotton Carrier itself. The ring that you attached to the bottom of your camera also does not protude as much as the Spider Holster. It's very simple to put your camera in (slide it in) and to take it out (one little twist). So if you only want to carry one camera, you can just use the holster belt holster.

The spider holster mechanism is made of metal and is a bit heavier than the Cotton Carrier. Having the chest holder also takes a lot of weight from your neck. I'm going to shoot all day on Saturday and Sunday at the Macau GP and should be able to give you a more in depth analysis then.