well, the point i'm trying to make is that during regular shots, the image still looks like this... ie shutter speed 400th of a sec.

as for autofocus, I do need it to perform because I never quite get to learn how to manual focus without it being too soft, probably just me and my glasses thing.

the lens at F8 if you look at the ISO chart Bryan made, is softer, and I've made tests before same result, it becomes softer due to defraction or some oddity reason.

it is iso 100, RAW, contrast +1, sharpness +1, awb.

distance from sensor to target is 2m

but i thought the idea is that the lens is canautofocus reasonably, hand hold at slower shutter speed whilemaintainingit's sharpness reasonably well. Anyways.

Here is another one.(and DOH I guess I introduced another change, different block of type, but anyways it's just few lines down, I'm not trying to do a review so here we go, a round of applause for Bryan and his relentless testings, it'strulyaxxl to perform such test.)

mirror lock up, autofocus, 1 sec exposure (well because of F8) F8, 200mm 2 meters away from test sheet, ISO 100, RAWcontrast +1, sharpness +1, awb. (and as oddly expected of f8 for this lens, it's softer) again, if the lens can't take a sharp image with these settings, is it a lemon(I guess at least a mushy one)? this is the 2nd lens that I got and it's already gone back to canon once. it's mysterious to me how you prosdetermineif you have sharp copy and go about replacing it if it's not.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.73/IMG_5F00_7016.jpg[/img]