Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 1 "Harmony" -- Congratulations Keith B!

Re: Assignment 1

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterbugJohan
    What do you mean? I thought the website was free.
    No, most of the site is free, but there are a few links involving money. You see those links at the end of the reviews to buy lenses and cameras? If you click those they start wanting money from you. If you could get those links to stop pestering you for cash, that'd be awesome.

One day I own you, DSLR... one day. Right now I see threads like "How do you set your camera for low light", and think to myself "How? I set my camera aside, that's how."

Oh, I see. [] I hope you are able to get a DSLR soon.

Thanks Johan! It was actually hand held seeing as I don't have a tripod with a ball head haha.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a judge pannel. Maybe the thread admin (not Bryan but the "OP" is what I'm referring to I think) could post a deadline for the assignment and then post a reply with a poll in it and people could vote on which picture they liked best. Do the polls go that high?

Just an idea.

-Rodger

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger

I'm not opposed to the idea of a judge pannel. Maybe the thread admin (not Bryan but the "OP" is what I'm referring to I think) could post a deadline for the assignment and then post a reply with a poll in it and people could vote on which picture they liked best. Do the polls go that high?

I don't think that it is possible to post a poll in any post other than the opening post. Of course, then there should also be a rule that no one can vote for their own photo. :-)

Another idea: Maybe the OP can edit the thread so the subject is: Assignment 1 "Harmony" and all subsequent assignments can follow the same naming pattern.

Here's my entry:[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.31/Harmony_5F00_800.jpg[/img]

Edit: Here is the missing info: Canon Rebel XSi, Canon EF-S 17-55 2.8 IS @ 47mm, 1/15s, f/5.6, ISO-400, handheld.

Location:some accidentally found ruins near Sleepy Hollow,NY

I don't think that it is possible to post a poll in any post other than the opening post. Of course, then there should also be a rule that no one can vote for their own photo. :-)

Right. Should have checked that before opening my mouth! :X haha.

Another idea: Maybe the OP can edit the thread so the subject is: Assignment 1 "Harmony" and all subsequent assignments can follow the same naming pattern.

I like that.

It could be like NG photo of the day, where the admin selects maybe 10 of the best for the month, then we vote on them, because it would be a huge poll with a greater possibility of ties, unless there are rounds of voting.

Nice shot, Chuck
    Bob

It is free, Tha was just a joke.

Oops
    Bob

Hey Guys (consider that term gender-neutral, I tried to come up with something better, but "hey people", and just "hey" weren't working for me),

Thanks for all the responses! The submissions are excellent. I don't have a submission because my picture of a grand piano didn't turn out quite how I expected it. I am going to try something else tomorrow. As far as the suggestions go I have updated the thread subject to reflect the name of the assignment, that was a good idea. I have also emailed Bryan to see what he would think about taking some time to narrow the pictures down to maybe 1/3 of the total submissions. (I got that idea from a camera club I am in, that is how they do the first round of narrowing.) I was thinking that we could take a week to post submissions, then give our judge a couple of days to turn in favorites, then a few days for polling for the best picture, taking about a total of 2 weeks per assignment. I believe I can insert a poll into my original post, so possibly I could change the subject to "Assignment 1 "Harmony" -- NOW VOTING" during that time. I don't know what to do with the winner picture, maybe a best-of-assignments thread?

Let me know your ideas, they have been great so far!

THanks

Dan

Great photos all,

Maybe it would be interesting to add a requirement that people can't use photo's taken before the beginning of the assignment. This would make the assignments a 'get-people-off-their-ass' thing instead of digging through your collection of photo's you've taken earlier.

Joël