Thread: Fish 4 Luv!

Fish 4 Luv!

Thanks for commenting and viewing. I personally believe the cropping is boring, what do you think?

EOS 40D, Aperture Priority,70-200 f/2.8L IS, @ 200mm, f/5.6, 1/800 sec, ISO 200, @ Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve - Huntington Beach, CA[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.33/Fish-4-Luv.jpg[/img]

Re: Fish 4 Luv!

Nice shot! I'll agree with the boring crop though. I'm a fan of very tight crops so if I had managed to grab that nifty shot I would crop it to the smallest 3:2 ratio box I could without cutting off the birds any, or maybe just make a long panorama style shot by cropping off most of the top and bottom and leaving the a narrow band w/ the birds and the water to the sides. No matter what you do with it, you've captured a sweet moment.

Wow... dude... that's a great scene!

Can you crop it so the birds will be bigger?

I agree the cropping could be a little tighter on the birds.

You take some of the best bird shots I've seen around, its always a pleasure to see your work. How'd you get so good at it? and How do you like the 70-200 f/2.8 and do you ever use it with a 1.4x extender?
    7d w/ BG-E7, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS II

I shot this image with the 70-200 f/2.8L IS without extender! Iagree about cropping more, but this is a very tight crop by itself already []

Twistedframe, thank youfor enjoying my work. I'm just fortunate to live near a couple of ecological reserves with a wide variety of birds that either reside or migrate thru those places. Failure, disappointment andof coursethemotivation/inspiration from viewing others' workare what keep me going. The harder I work, the luckier I get. 75% of the credit goes to the birds, 24% to the camera/lens and 1% to me []

Awesome shot! Of course the piece of wood could not be avoided so....I say BRAVO....Bird in flight looks terrific. I just ordered the 70-200 2.8 about 2 days till I get it can not wait. I live in Panama City Beach and am also very lucky to have great birds. Can not wait to start shooting.