Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got the 35L!

Re: Just got the 35L!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ

Seems like I want the 50L *and* the 35L A 16-35 for portrait seems obscene to me.. Haha!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

You might want to opt for the non-L 50mm, if the focus issues of the 50 f1.2L are a problem for you. They were a problem for me.... If I could have gotten my camera to autofocus with the selected aperture, instead of wide open, I might have kept it. Instead, I traded it for the 135 f2, and have the 50 f1.4 on my some day list.

On the flip side, I LOVE the 35 f1.4, so the gap in my primes doesn't hurt (that much)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ

Seems like I want the 50L *and* the 35L A 16-35 for portrait seems obscene to me.. Haha!
    <div style="CLEAR:both;"]</div>

You might want to opt for the non-L 50mm, if the focus issues of the 50 f1.2L are a problem for you. They were a problem for me.... If I could have gotten my camera to autofocus with the selected aperture, instead of wide open, I might have kept it. Instead, I traded it for the 135 f2, and have the 50 f1.4 on my some day list.

On the flip side, I LOVE the 35 f1.4, so the gap in my primes doesn't hurt (that much)

The quality of shots I get with my 50 1.4 are good enough that I don't even consider the 50 1.2. The colors aren't as rich my L lenses, but a little tweak in post resolves that.

Nice to see where my thread went... [:P]

Anyways, I just flew back in from LA a couple hours ago. My visit was disappointing in the sense I hardly used my camera. I got caught up in being with family and didn't take the 35L anywhere. I'll display a couple photos I managed to take, but they were just quick snap-shots.

Hopefully the 35L doesn't go with out giving me something, as I still have it for all of this week. I'll see if I can set-up a shot or something real quick.

(FYI, I didn't take this one, and I'm the guy w/ my awesome cousin)

So how old is your awesome cousin?

Ok, seriously, I like the last one..good color and contrast...

Oh, man. The 35. It was the only lens I had for years of shooting with my 20d.

I have some fond, fond memories. Many of my favorite shots.

And it focuses so, so close. Amazingly versatile on a APS-C.