Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA/FS: -As New- Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM and Speedlite 270EX

FA/FS: -As New- Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM and Speedlite 270EX

Hello All,

I am selling following items:

-As New- Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM, currently on ebay auction150393386522. In this auction including <span style="color: #002cfd;"]<span style="font-family: Arial;"]B+W 67mm MRC UV Filter, B+W 67mm CPL filter (Circular Polarizer) Made in Germany and<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]Canon Tripod Mount Ring A II (W). Starting bid $1300AUD and it will finish soon, so don't miss it.

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]I am in Australia, any question please e-mail [email="airvincent@yahoo.com]airvincent@yahoo.com[/email]

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]Express shipping within Australia AUD$15

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]Normal Worldwideshipping AUD$25 (EMS express AUD$45)

-As New- Canon Speedlite 270EX, not in ebay but like to sell it for $170AUD including shipping

I am using Paypal Thanks !

Re: FA/FS: -As New- Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM and Speedlite 270EX

Best of luck to you in selling this but it seems odd to have a "starting" bid of roughly 1,200us for a lens that could be bought new for 1127.90$

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Please note the auction come with B+W 67mm MRC UV filter + 67mm PLC filter + Canon tripod ring and lens only 4 months old, which means still under warranty. Its good deal

The accessories (B+W UV/CPL and tripod ring) in the 'kit' above retail for a combined total of ~US$250. Besides...the best price is always 'what a buyer will pay'! Vince - might want to specify if the CPL is MRC or not (from your post, I'd assume not).

Sorry its MRC 67mm CPL :P

By the way I believe camera relate items in US selling much more cheaper~ compare to Australia camera shops~

I believe $1300AUD still good price offer for friends worldwide

$1300AUD = around $1185USD (good price for all up, lens, 2x filters and Canon tripod ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan
    The rules for using this forum include:
    • No price policing - you may not comment on the seller's asking price unless they explicitly ask.

Lens SOLD thanks guys !

Still selling Speedlite 270EX~

Bryan - so far, I honored the "no price policing" thingy simply because this was one of the rules in your rules list, but I must admit that it bugged me many times before and didn't make much sense to me.

Is there a chance that this rule will be changed or better yet - delete it altogether?

After all, we are not buying used gear because we prefer used gear with unknown history and 0 days warranty over brand new gear with full period of warranty from reputable dealers such as B&amp;H or Adorama. We buy it to save money - big money.

So it doesn't make sense when people offer their used gear with funny prices like less $10 from the price of the same item brand new.

And last thing to support my point - freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren
    Bryan - so far, I honored the "no price policing" thingy...
    Oren,

Bryan wasn't actually chiming in. I just quoted his original post from where he created the Buy/Sell forum because I felt that Vince was getting beaten up a little bit. I understand how you feel but I have to agree with Bryan on this one. For the most part I'd have to say that the people who are selling here aren't looking to scam anyone. They are just looking to sell their gear for what they feel is a reasonable price. Sometimes that doens't seem reasonable to everyone but if you don't like the price then don't buy it. I guess when people see a price that "appears" to be on the high side they feel the responsibility to call them out on it whether it be for the protectionof a less savy shopper or just for the sake of bustin' chops. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see anyone on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) "taken" but I am a firm believer of caveat emptor. Other than that, items that are priced to high will probably sit and never sell. That should aleart the seller that his/her price may be a little off kilter.

I'm certainly not preaching to you Oren. I'm just explaining myself :-)

Pricing on used gear is a funny thing. Sometimes, the weirdness extends to refurbished items as well. Which would you prefer - something that was defective and repaired, or something brand new?

Tonight's price, from Amazon:

...and a refurbished version from Adorama:

What a deal!!