Quote Originally Posted by Flaming

I would generally agree with everyone else here. I don't know anything about the Tokina but I have only ever heard praise for the EF-S 10-22mm. I can understand the difficulty with the decision between the 24-105 and the 17-55 especially if you want everything to overlap and not to miss any of the range. The difference for me would be mostly the fact that with the 24-105 I could reach a little farther and still be able to shoot my still subjects in low light. Then again if you are shooting moving subjects you probably should look at the wider aperture for stopping the action. Finally I might also suggest if you have not used primes that are of high quality you get your hands on some and play with them. When I borrowed a Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM from a friend a couple of months ago I was blown away with what having a good prime made my pictures look like and on top of that how creative and different my pictures were because I was being limited to one focal length. It is an interesting challenge and a fun experiement at the same time and of course you often get much better lenses with better aperatures when you go prime. Just a thought to consider as you step up your lens line.

Samuel

I've got the Sigma 30 f1.4 and the Canon EF 50 f1.4. I'm planning to pick up a trio of zooms over the next year or so and then pick up a third prime ..... probably the Canon EF 100 f2.8 MACRO. Would love the IS L but I don't know if I can justify the cost ...