Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring is in the Air!

Spring is in the Air!

EOS 40D, 400 f/5.6L, Aperture Priority, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec, ISO 400 @ Cal State Fullerton

Thank you for viewing and commenting. Please let me know what you like and dislike about this image. I love photographing hummers, they're the most beautiful creature on our planet.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.33/Spring-is-in-the-air_2100_.jpg[/img]

Re: Spring is in the Air!

there's a satisfaction when you shoot these type of images. looks good congrats. I can never track down those birds when they zoom by... like a little UFO, very unpredictable where they are zooming to.

Utterly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It's hard to believe the title of your post when all of northern Europe has been blanketed with snow and here in Greece, we're getting our winter rain, but those colours, that bokeh, well, just great. If there's one thing, perhaps the hummer's thorax is just a tad over-exposed, but that may be my monitor.

Thanks again!

That is GORGEOUS!!!

As twistedphrame said on the other post, you take the best bird pictures over here - great job [H]

I just have a few decent images. I'm sure you guys and others have many great images to share in the near future. []

Ultima, I think the best way to photograph hummers is to know where they feed. It's much easier to shoot them when they're hovering or perching.[]

Wonderful shot! I love the composition of the bird in your picture. I would try shooting hummingbirds, but I can't seem to attract them.[]

Your bokeh is amazing. I love how there is still part of the plant in the background blurred but the rest of the bokeh is blurred past recognition. Amazing!

Very wonderful and sharp photo! Great colors, contrast, and bokeh.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Beautiful detail in the feathers and caught the metallic colorvery well. Nicely done!