Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EF EF-S ? confussion

Re: EF EF-S ? confussion

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

you can add a thin non-Canon extension tube and use an EF-S lens on an FF body. Or use a 3rd party reduced image circle lens. Canon has decided not to allow branded combinations that produce images like [url="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3548486997_90ca11eebd.jpg]this[/url]. That's their choice. There are workarounds, if you choose to go that route.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Have you ever added the minimum length extensiopn tube to a 17-55mm lens and placed it on a FF?

I have, and, on my 5D MK II, I can focus out to about 12 inches. Thats really useful advice for someone who is trying to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by scalesusa

Have you ever added the minimum length extensiopn tube to a 17-55mm lens and placed it on a FF? ...Thats really useful advice for someone who is trying to learn.

No, but that's because I choose to use the equipment as Canon intends it to be used. People who are 'trying to learn' should probably not be trying to mount EF-S lenses on incompatible bodies without the requisite knowledge.

In any case, the point of this thread was about compatibility and 'crop factors', not to complain about design decisions made by Canon.

"In any case, the point of this thread was about compatibility and
    'crop factors', not to complain about design decisions made by Canon."

itsa ok im all about learning this stuff =D