Page 102 of 557 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Jayson,

Very Nice set of photos. I especially like the head angle and pose on the 1st shot. The head is a little soft in focus comapred to the middle of the body, perhaps you missed AF point on the head slightly, or the bird turned its head as you took the shot?

On #2, I would suggest to lower the exposure slightly, and raise the black point slightly, to see if the black stripe on the bird could pop a little more. (Other suggestions in PP for this effect, may be to try and increase the shadows or raise the contrast a bit.)

The 3rd one is nice too, perhaps you could try and clone out the branch coming out of the back of the birds upper back and clone out some of the branches in the left upper corner of the frame.

Nice Job!

Rich

Thanks Rich for the comments. The focus point was on his shoulder. He was about 10 feet above the window of the car that I was sitting in so hitting the head was a little difficult. I wish I could have cause I really would have loved the shot. I am going to try to your suggestions for the final output and see what I can do. Thanks again!

Jayson

Nice shots, Jayson. the Kenko 1.4X TC did a very good job with the 70-200 f4.0.IMO

I like the 3rd one the most. there are some branch may need to be removed in PP, but unless you are very lucky, I think this is almost the best you can get for shooting wild small birds without any setting up.

Black Skimmer in afternoon lighting

Canon 7D + EF 500mm f/4L IS USM

Bufflehead Duck

Osprey

Thanks for viewing, commenting and critiquing, I don't have the shooting info with me right now.

Nate,

I really love the lighting on the first, Nate. Beautiful.

The second and third are up to your usual high standards as well, but the first is my favorite.

Great to see you here again Nate. Great pics too

Nate, Outstanding as usual---My favorite is the skimmer, but I really like the aggresiveness of the osprey as well.

Bob
    Bob

Nate, absolutely stunning! I am with Bob on the skimmer picture, that is awesome! [Y]Probably took more patients than I have to catch that osprey.

A Red Bellied Woodpecker.....notice the seeds I planted in the fork of the stump as an attractant.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5633.IMG_5F00_4330.jpg[/img]

These are my best,so bare with me? I don't really use any processing simply because I don't know when to, or when to stop! I am colorblind as well, so what looks green or red to you...ugh to me

This is TTL or through the window lol.