Page 174 of 557 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

www.flickr.com/.../5702577287][img][View:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5702577287_439410b1b0_z.jpg][/img][/url]

www.flickr.com/.../5702577287]pippi gr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Nice shot, Mark! I can't say I have ever seen one of them around here ...what kind of bird is it?
    Thanks. I have no idea. I do not know one bird from another but I recently got this new lens, Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD, and have been seeing all these bird shots and just had to give it a try. I must say, it take a lot of patience.[:P]

I am very impressed with your images recently. I think you said you have only been at this for about a year. Can't tell it by your posts.[Y]

Mark
    Mark

Patience is of an escence in bird photography.

John

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Nice shot, Mark! I can't say I have ever seen one of them around here ...what kind of bird is it?
    Thanks. I have no idea. I do not know one bird from another but I recently got this new lens, Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD, and have been seeing all these bird shots and just had to give it a try. I must say, it take a lot of patience.[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

I am very impressed with your images recently. I think you said you have only been at this for about a year. Can't tell it by your posts.[img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

Mark
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks, Mark! I definitely don't get to spend as much time at it as I'd like but I truly enjoy the time that I do get!
    By the looks of your first bird post with that new lens, it looks like it is going to bring you alot of rewarding photos! Looks like you made a wise choice in purchasing it! I hope to see more shots taken with it soon!

Denise

I haven't been to the nest for more than 10 days....the owlet has grown quite a bit and is doing some exploring of it's nest. The adult wasn't there when I arrived at the site, but appeared while I was setting up....missed that photo op. [8o|]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7532.Mom-_2600_-Jr.jpg[/img]

I'm noticing the pic isn't as sharp or rich as my orig....I use the "insert image" on the tool bar. Here's the same shot posted on flickr; http://www.flickr.com/photos/29409592@N03/5706820723/in/photostream/lightbox/

Does anybody have thoughts why transferring my pic to this site in this manner would degrade the photo?

Quite a few nice pix added since I've been gone....nice captures folks.

Denise....I see you have your HBs....nice job. And I also noticed you have the same feeder as me....you may or may not want to do this; I blocked 2 ports to better predict which port they'd use and removed the perch to ensure getting flight shots. Just an fyi. Also, really like the your male GF.

Thanks for looking

Bill

Hi Bill -

Awesome owl photo, Bill! My photos take somewhat of a hit too that I load here. Other contributers photos look so superb that I can only imagine how breathtaking the original must be!

The hb above was actually seen at a nearby park. So, last night I put out my hb feeders in my yard and will make some alterations as you suggest! I also put out some oranges and grape jelly in hopes of attracting orioles. I have never seen any other than in photos. But this morning when I woke up, to my surprise there was already a male and female eating the oranges!!! It was a dark dreary morning but I can

Nice set from you Denise, you definitely got your mojo back. Your dreary day series have all been sharp, well composed and inspiring.

Great persistance with the owls Bill you better watch that they don
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Bill, This is getting very interesting, tahnks for being so patient and sharing your work with us. I can
    Bob

Denise, nice series, I really like the tight shot on the yellow finch.

Bob
    Bob

Thanks, Bob! Here are a few shots from early this morning. I did get some hummingbird shots this evening but so far, I don't think any of them are salvageable but I'm still working on them.

And a cardinal shot from this evening ...